1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightened GSXR Rear Rotors for sale - $65 shipped in lower 48

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by jcivince, Jul 2, 2009.

1. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Hello - I've got some GSXR rear rotors that have been machined to make them lighter. For an older GSXR (2000-2003 version), you lose 1.19 pounds. On the 2004-present versions, you lose 0.805 pounds. These should fit 2001-2009 GSXR600, 2000-2009 GSXR750, and 2001-2009 GSXR1000. Price is $65 shipped to the lower 48 states. I can ship outside the lower 48 but it will be more $$ (send me your address and I'll get a shipping quote). Paypal works fine for me. I'm trying to sell them on Ebay as well if you want to do a search there and read a little more. Any questions, let me know.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Slowp0ke333

Slowp0ke333 Member

wow! how do they work? Look good for the price. But who uses the rear break?

3. jcivince

Very few use the rear brake and when you do, you really don't want it to lock up. By reducing the surface area, you lessen the outright braking power, thereby decreasing the chance that you will activate the "crash indicator" as the STT instructors like to call it! And since you're reducing rotation mass, you also make it easier for your bike to accelerate. Granted, it isn't a lot of weight loss but every little bit helps and especially in the wheel area.

4. jcivince

All PM's replied to. Thanks!

5. jcivince

Additional PM's replied to. Thanks!

6. J-Seekz

J-Seekz Active Member

reply to one more! :)

7. jcivince

J-Seekz - got you covered! I just shot a PM to you. If postal mail is OK (no tracking number that is worth anything compared to FedEx or UPS), same price to ship to Canada.

8. J-Seekz

J-Seekz Active Member

payment sent!

9. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

Sent ya a PM. Second inquiry was for a 2004. Thanks :up:

10. jcivince

PM's responded to. Lots of questions and expressions of wanting to purchase - now just need some people to actually buy some of these...

Thanks J-Seekz - your rotor is on it's way!

11. jcivince

Additional PM's responded to. Down to 1 rotor left but going to make some more this weekend. Thanks!

12. jcivince

Tracking info sent to buyers. Thanks!

13. J-Seekz

J-Seekz Active Member

bump for package anxiety!

14. Th3 Juice

Th3 Juice Well-Known Member

can u make these for the 07/08 600rr?

15. jcivince

I could but I'd need a rotor and the cost would be a lot higher because I'd need to configure a pattern, program it, and create a holding fixture. In the end it would cost as much as if not more than buying a Galfer. But if you want something custom and willing to pay, let know and I can make it happen.

16. Th3 Juice

Th3 Juice Well-Known Member

well maybe if u get enough intrest in those, maybe u can start making them, id be intrested in a set.

17. jcivince

Understood and I'll keep it in mind.

18. jcivince

Thanks Midnight6 - will ship on Monday AM and send you tracking info.

19. aarongsxr

aarongsxr Well-Known Member

have any left for a 05 gsxr 1000?

20. Kaine

Kaine Well-Known Member

If so I need one as well.