1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liberation

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by atspeed, Apr 9, 2003.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

If my eyes can be believed the citizens of Baghdad seem to be welcoming our troops with open arms and finding there could a real life after tyranny.

My favorite was the Iraqis holding a sign: Go Home Human Shields

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Witnessing the birth of a new nation. Pretty cool.

Did you catch that guy with the pony tail and the beyotch screaming at the marine? I was waiting for him to have somebody throw the zip tie on her wrists, but he dealt with it by completely ignoring her like she wasn't even there. Just kept talking on his radio.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh no no no, they don't want us there. We aren't liberators, we're invaders. :rolleyes:

Bet Atomic is rolling over in his grave. :D

4. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Not to be negative or anything but:

1. They haven't shown the families of the thousands of Iraqi people who have been killed as part of our liberation. Not the Chemical Ali's and Saddam Hussein's but the average soldiers, citizens, etc. They might not be quite as positive. (Must be that darn liberal media again).

2. Now that we've set the precedent, who do we liberate next?

3. Is Atomic dead?

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

History before our very eyes.. :cool:

Here's one for the boys!!! :beer: :clap:

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nothing worth doing, is easy. pity for the hundred families for sure. but for the nation as a whole? i'd bet the millions of other iraqis are pretty stoked. you wanna make an omelet? be prepared to break an egg. ;)

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dad, I feel sorrow for the families of the innocents, but to be honest, less emotion then for the families of the victims of Sept. 11. I don't know the people in Iraq and will probably never see them, but there are many people I know who I will never see again after the 11th. In the end, don't you think these people, even the ones who lost a family member will be better off not under Saddam?

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The entire verbage of the sign was:

"Go home human shields, you US wankers!"

Too funny! Team Atomic? Can you hear me now?

:D

9. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

No, no. Stop! Wait!!!

What about the family's of Saddam? What about Bahgdad Bob and the family's of the Feydayeen(?) and the several Republican Guards???? How do they feel about this??? Are they in favor of this???

And even if they are and it was all good, who will we destroy with our mindless good next???? How can the world be safe from our dastardly plans???

:Poke:

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Poor atomic, he was so blindly and fervently against the war that he posted some really silly things and was oblivious to the potential for good that might arise from it.

Fighting this war now, under these circumstances, was stupid. . .

The good news though is that :

1)Our troops made quick work of the Iraqi military, with relatively small losses and killed relatively few innocents in the process (I know one innocent life is one too many, but only 500ish civilian deaths is nothing as compared to our last big wars).

2)Saddam is gone (or about to be gone) and that the Iraqis have the opportunity to exploit their oil wealth for their own benifit as an entire nation -- not just for the benefit of Saddam and his cronies.

Now the hard work begins - reconstruct Iraq while fending of a potential Pan-Isalmic jihad against the UK anf the US. Next task for Bush is a real toughie - resolve the palestinian crisis. He probably should have done this first.

Rodger

11. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

I think he should just offer the Palastinians statehood, say the northern half of California.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You serious? :confused:

13. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

HEEELLLLLLL NOOOO!!!!! (That was sarcasm, Dave)

I am JUBUILANT!!!! Jubulant? Jubulent? Jubilant? :confused:

REALLY REALLLY HAPPPY!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
    :beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  14. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

That is TOO FUNNY! (The capital should be Berkeley.):D

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The goal is not to give away land, it's to gain land (like Canada :D). Offer the Palestinians Northern France. Who'd object, the French? What will they do about it, call Germany and Russia and they'd all whine about it.

16. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

I just hope that the Arab press is showing the happy crowds.

Probably not, but one can hope...

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

On the radio this morning:

Rush announced that the ministry of information dude said the Iraqi army had invaded New York and was occupying Shea stadium. Some yahoo yankee in the DC area actually believed him. (Was that you Evil Dave K? :D)

The news said that the ministry of information was out on vacation today and his staff was sick, nobody was home to make the announcement.

Too funny!

David

18. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I do think that the people will likely be better off than they were under Saddam.

People are people. God doesn't differentiate. Iraq is Iraq and the U.S. is the U.S. because humans made it that way. It is hard to believe and accept, but if I want to believe that I am one of God's children, Saddam Hussein is too. So are all of the people who perished in the WTC, so are all of the people who died in the bombings in Iraq, so was Adolf Hitler, so is my Mom, so is GWB, etc. For me to place more value on one life over another is to presume that I know more than God.

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Isn't it arrogant to presume to know what God thinks?

Rodger

20. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Yes but some people give themselves over to evil and, if you want to get religious about it, the devil.

I think Saddam and his cronies qualifiy quite easily as evil, and God is pretty clear on what to do with people who turn their backs on him.