1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about Austin, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Ouch. Thats rough. I'll keep it in mind, my wife has been on a zillow kick looking at what we could afford. Still a bit mind blowing for her since she's been a california girl her whole life. We'll still come out "on top" if we moved there comparatively. One of my biggest things is making sure my kids get a good education even if it costs me a little more to get into a better area. Seems like we have good choices. I'm actually a lot more open to this now that you guys have given me some good information. I was REALLY hesitant about moving to TX.

Now to hurry up and wait.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Oh, but you were gung ho to move to Minneshitholia? :Poke: :p

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Around here, property taxes are about 1%
    500k home, 5k a year

4. Yes, yes I was. I know 1 person in the Austin area. I know quite a few people in the Minneapolis area and I've spent enough time there to know what I was getting into. I would still move there if an opportunity came my way.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Isn't property tax in Texas 2-3% in most areas? I owned a house in Lakeway, suburb of Austin, in the early 90's, and I think it was a bit over 3% back then.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sad, sad, crazy man :p

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If you do move just make sure you run those nasty dirty pants thru the washing machine before you leave Cali...:D

8. They probably just need to be burned at this point, theres no coming back from that and I wouldn't want to ruin my landlords washing machine. :crackup:

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

8000 on 330,ooo here in Allen, TX. But we got a $60million college stadium for our high school football team! Too bad it's the second biggest stadium in the district now, though.

10. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Yep ..... just ..... yep.

11. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

My parents live in Allen so I can both chuckle and shake my head in agreement with this statement.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

or maybe a hobo will just steal them like in Fullerton

13. That wasn't a hobo, that was the buildings managers husband stole her keys and he walked into all the storage units. All the stuff was found across the street in their garage. Most of my stuff was sold by that point though.

14. So the 2 owners of the company called about an hour ago for an "informal" interview. One of them was in China at one of the manufacturing plants. It was suppose to be quick but it lasted almost an hour. I think they did it to see how I reacted under pressure. It went well and the one who was in China who did most of the talking definitely had more than a few slips saying to be expecting a call because they want the candidates to fly out there for the final in person interview, quick day trip. So we will see what happens. Now to tell them the tops of my hands are tattooed if/when they call, I don't want to waste their or my time if thats something thats not going to fly in their company.

15. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Good for you dude. Good luck!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They call 'em job stoppers for a reason.

None on your face or neck?

In Your Corner likes this.
  17. Nah, I stopped at my hands. I would NEVER do my face, my neck was always planned but I was going to put on a collared shirt and draw a line around the top and stop there. Almost did my knuckles on fathers day too but I had other stuff to do and never got around to it. :crackup:

Sweatypants was saying not to bother saying anything. I think I agree but I'm torn.

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Dude its Austin, if you don't have tattoos and a beard you aint gonna fit in.

19. I have both...:crackup: and I wear glasses.... I just get concerned with the old boy Texas mentality. This stuff is not even on the radar out in here in SoCal but conservative states are way different. I wouldn't blame them, I knew fully what I was getting into when I did it. Like Dave K. said, job stoppers.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll be looking at you, not your tattoos. Good luck.