1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about Austin, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jul 21, 2017.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

congrats on the new addition!

glad you are out of the crazy lady's garage lounge. :D

2. Thank you everyone. I hope things settle a little bit! Making this new job quite a bit harder when I'm dealing with all of this personal mess.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So, my little sister moved to Austin from SF about a year ago, and with Covid it seems like me and the wife are going to be able to be remote indefinitely. That being said, thinking about heading down there for a month or two later this year (and possibly making that an annual tradition because we don't see them enough) so wanted to see what riding options there were. Preference would be kart tracks (minis) as well as trails to ride, but open to whatever (will prolly do a day or two at COTA and some other random shit).

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Hidden Falls is a private offroad park. Jeeps, side by sides, atvs etc. Dirt bikes can use any of the trails.
    Emma Long is public land with some trails.
    Some of the mx parks have trails, bit theyre not expansive.
    Handful of road tracks within a few hours and obviously cota. Not aware of any kart tracks that allow bikes
    Waco has a flat track group last id heard.

TurboBlew and SuddenBraking like this.
  5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

https://texasminigrandprix.com/ and on FB. For the mini. Ask on FB there are 3 track within a few hours of Austin.
    316 Trackdays for road course or Ridesmart. But they are more crowded and lean towards slower street riders.
    For a streetbike, head out to Leakey area in the hill country.

SuddenBraking and TurboBlew like this.
  6. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

There's also Harris Hill Raceway for trackdays and its only 45 minutes south of Austin.

If you ride dirty bikes there's a bunch of options within 1hr drive. There's ADV MX Park, Murphy's MX, and the TORCS woods series races a bunch of properties in the area.

7. backbone

backbone scarred for life

It's actually only about 10 minutes south of Austin. But it is closed at the moment, until they get some re paving done.

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Adv mx is under new ownership, its called Lone Star Mx now. Another one is Spoakes, they supposedly have a flat track area too there, but I didn't see it last time I went out.

SuddenBraking likes this.