1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawn Dart Airlines

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I believe Cathay Pacific is the same. Basically, any airline that doesn't have to follow the US everything is equal guidelines.

Smoking hot stewardesses on some of the Mexican Airlines I have been on. Oooh. Laa Laaa.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, up and down the aisle would definitely have more of an effect. I remember one time I was on a Beech 1900, they loaded this really fat woman in the last row so she could take advantage of the three-across seating. That was the first time I ever saw a seatbelt extension.
    It was snowing so much that I couldn't tell what was taxiway and what was runway. The airport was just a giant white parking lot. I was nervous as fuck. I was about 50% sure we would stall on takeoff. But that was my last chance to get out of that god-awful place, after the airport had already been shut down the previous evening (Friday) and I desperately wanted to make it home salvage part of my weekend. Good Lord, I hated management consulting.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My flight to Cleveland they had to throw some fatties off the flight. They ran out of seat belt extensions and couldn't get any more in time for the flight to leave.

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I want an airline that flys threw turbulence on purpose to entertain the passengers. Passengers please fasten your seatbelts should be a point of cheering and watching the wings flutter like a bird with the loads while thinking how maybe 8 bolts hold the engines on. Weeeee!!!!!

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I saw a gaggle of them once in the Zurich airport Hilton. They came in like geese, in a V formation, each with their handbag in the crook of their left elbow and their hand out, like they'd been trained from a 1960's movie... They turned and went down a hall in formation like that. It was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen.

Incidentally, the hotel bar was like the Mos Eisley bar in Star Wars... All the different languages and music. I think I understood 5 words all night.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Always fun watching new students in 172's attempt a crosswind landing. Their short final to landing was always hilarious looking. The planes constantly over correcting side to side always looked funny to me which I'm sure I was doing the exact same thing.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was that the Hilton off of Opfikon? I stay at the Holiday Inn on Wallisellenstrasse across from the convention center and like half a block from the soccer stadium. Walking distance to some great places to eat.

I got to meet Bruno Mars and some chick singer there.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Red Fox Racing likes this.
  9. Lawn Dart

I'd love it if that were the case, but overheads aren't created equal. Some are larger than others, and sometimes the damn oxygen bottles and rafts/flotation devices are in the way.

I blame the Canadians and the French.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Who was taller? :p:cool:

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

LOL! I was. He's tiny. The chick was taller than me (kills me I can't remember her name but I didn't care at the time).

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Has anyone used European destinations to book travel? The air tickets seem to cheap to be true.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I love me some Bruno Mars. Thx Travis need to book our flights to th old country for iomtt!

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How embarrassing......and hilarious

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I didn't know who he was. The concierge kept bugging me to attend some hotel meet and greet for some big charity concert across the street. He was there and kind of a dick. His body guard who was like 6'13" was an even bigger dick. :D They kept telling me "no photos" and when I said I had no idea who he was and didn't want a photo, they got pissier.

I got free beer so it was cool.

16. Lawn Dart

I can't remember. It's right next to the airport there - like, within a mile or two. I remember that the hotel served probably the best Wiener Schnitzel I've ever had, but couldn't finish it because it was bigger than my head. It took up the entire plate.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Next time you go there let me know? Maybe I'm passing through but if not, I'll direct you to some shit to do. :)

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That's disappointing. He seems like a nice guy from 8 zillion miles away. Still, free European beer...

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh and per google he is 5'5"...hahahahahahaah, with the high hair, maybe...a big maybe...

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, he might be cool as f@ck. He was being pawed and pestered and people kept bugging him. I'm a dick even without shit like that so I can understand.

5'5"? Maybe with the hair because he looked even smaller than that. :D