1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawn Dart Airlines

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

When I get my own airline, I'm gonna implement the following:

1. Adherence to the carry on policy. If you have 5 bags, you ain't gettin' on board. You're gonna check something, you're gonna combine something, you're gonna ship something, or you're gonna throw some shit out.

2. If you can't properly put your bag in the overhead, or it doesn't fit, see above.

3. 4 Words: Hot. Fit. Flight. Attendants. My last flight had two who were smokin', well-dressed, and pleasant. This makes everyone's experience better.

4. Loyalty programs are going to mean something. Too many people on too many airlines have status for it to mean anything.

5. The whole freaking can. None of this 1/3 foam, 1/2 ice, so you get 1/6 of a serving of Coke.

6. Larger seats. Today's seat dimensions have been shrinking since the 90's. 4 major airlines, the seat with is 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inches more narrow.

7. The boarding process. Hybrid between Southwest and other major airlines. There'll be lines for 1st class and priority boarding. If you're not in one of those lines, don't even think of crowding the gate. Delta does this at a couple of gates in ATL and it's fantastic. No idea why they don't do it everywhere.

It might not be the cheapest airline, but I guarantee it will catch on...

Oh yeah, I'll show MotoGP on the entertainment system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

you're going to fail as an airline with #6.... just saying.

#3 might save you.... but probably not

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

sounds like a cross of Spirt Airlines and Emirates

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Id load back to front.
    Also Id convert the "weight" policy to passengers! If youre over 300lbs... then you're buying 1.5 seats. Same if youre a kid... you buy 1/2 a seat. Nothing is more unpleasant than boarding to see your middle seat is being encroached by 600+ lbs of mass! :(

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd ban carry *ons entirely or charge for them and allow first checked bag free.

*purses, european male bags and small back packs allowed. and one only.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did that at United and it failed badly. most people in the back are budget, once a year flyers and carry everything they own. They filled up ALL the overheads including first class before the plane was even half full. That when I used to sit in the front of the plane and it was the drizzling shits!

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Can I smoke?

8. TurboBlew

what kinda 1/2 assed airline is Lawndart running here! :D As a first class /front passenger I would think you would want to be on the plane the least amount of time possible! I hate when you feel that "temperature" change from all the bodies getting on.

Oh and no food court carryons! :D

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nobody is gonna say it? Lawn Dart? What does a lawn dart do? The only thing worse would be "Smoking Crater Airlines".

10. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

"Lawn Dart" airlines. Can't see how it could fail.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

No

12. TurboBlew

Right on the special seats positioned directly on the wing(s)!! Of course you'll get priority boarding!!

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well eff that. I'll just drive my truck.

joec likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Years ago I got stuck on an Aeroflot flight and they had only banned smoking a few years ago. Everyone boards (including a guy with a windshield) and the flight takes off. No crash so all is good. The flight starts climbing and from the back of the plane all you can hear is <flick flick flick> lighters and then this huge cloud of that russian tobacco smoke comes wafting forward.

No one tell russians they can't smoke! :D

15. Lawn Dart

Only if you fly outside the large metal tube charged with pressurized oxygen.

16. Lawn Dart

I'm pretty sure the name alone has FAIL written all over it.

17. Lawn Dart

These guys get it. LOL

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Will PBR be served?

19. Lawn Dart

Shit. This made me remember one I forgot. No kids in first class. Sorry, them's the rules.

Hubs will be Nashville, Cincinnati, Portland, OR, and somewhere in TX or OK. Maybe one in FL somewhere.

20. jmaher

jmaher Well-Known Member

How about if you need more than one seat, you have to buy two. I have been asked if I would lift the armrest so they have room. Easy answer....no. Go see someone with a scalpel and a shopvac.