1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

M-4 has a maximum effective point target range of around 500 meters (1600 feet/540 yards give or take). Area range is around 600 meters. With the correct flight path I believe it will travel to around 3000 meters?

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Now go research the word jihad and get back to me when you actually understand what it is and what its role is in Islam.
    And read up on religious history, your knowledge is worse than spotty there.
    Read up on the Muslim Crusades also, they lasted about 800 years, so there should be some reading there for you.

And DC has no significant Muslim population yet.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i'm well versed. your not gonna claim semantics and weasel your way out of your not-well thought out attempt.

also, i live here, and i'm from here. there's a million mosques and you're being ridiculous, but thanks for trying anyways. keep on keeping on.

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Beliefs of religious types should never be considered while making law. Laws are not "based on secularism" as that would likely mean they are intentionally to the detriment of the religious...which would mean they were considered, which they shouldn't be.

5. In Your Corner

You may be from somewhere else and here, but I'm just from here.
    I had ancestors who lived elsewhere, but that has no bearing on what I am or where I'm from.

6. In Your Corner

There are 7 mosques in DC.
    Numbers aren't your specialty, I see.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Why shouldn't they be considered? They shouldn't be internationally to the detriment, as that would be directly against the constitution, but beyond that ...

8. In Your Corner

Why would Ramadan affect football practice?
    We have separation of church and state, and Ramadan is church and public school is state, so why would Ramadan affect football practice?

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Intentionally ... stupid autocorrect

10. Chino52405

One time in middle school there was a dance after school that a bunch of my basketball team wanted to go to. We took a vote and decided to have practice in the morning before school that day. See how that might work or are you still lost?

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'm not talking about the freedom to practice a given religion. I'm talking about the the worldview upon which a system of laws is based (which I thought was what we were discussing, the sharia law thing).

Were the laws of this country based on a secular worldview? I don't think so. Weren't the vast majority of our forefathers protestants of some kind?

My point is that secularism can be seen as another competing value system, just like Christianity, Juadism, Islam, etc. You say you have an "outside" (I assume you mean unbiased?) view as you do not practice a given religion. But anybody who practices a religion has an equal "outside" view to secularism. So we all have similar, unbiased views of each other. Or maybe we are just equally biased toward one another.

12. Chino52405

What anyone chooses to believe is completely irrelevant. Someone's belief in Abraham's God is no different to me than a child's belief in Santa. I won't persecute or ridicule that child, but Santa is never going to make a case in my decision making process.

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Dude..............don't you dare talk shit about the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Your lack of belief, likewise, would be completely irrelevant to a Christian/Muslim/Flying Spaghetti Monster adherent. Should they just decide that your views shouldn't be considered? I'm not saying that the laws should be written out of biblical text. But to say that the beliefs shouldn't be considered seems pretty narrow-minded.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite or I'm calling BS.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

1) Closely packed I am surprised the number is not higher. Thankful but surprised. Of course there is also unknowns like was he used to firing at that distance and repeat rate. So there could have been a ton of wild shots.
    2) 10 minutes sounds like a lot but... start firing and someone even on the same floor figures out gun fire vs other noise 1-2 minutes. React and locate 1 minute. Arm and go ? Get up that many flights. 10 minutes sounds good for cops not as good for hotel security.
    3) defer to others and I don't know if all rounds were 5.56 or not (have not followed details like that)

A rational person would not do this unless they were a psychopath. So your why did he not ..... will always fail. Rational person might consider how it could be done but at some point stops. You can be sane enough to try (if not dead and good riddance to him) but no rational person commits an act like this.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I see your analogy, but if your position is that religion should not be a factor, you didn't make a your point.

18. Chino52405

This is re: Muslims changing societies they live in. Majority of players would miss practice unless they voted to practice at non-traditional times. The schools/teams are doing what is best for the football program, not Islam.

19. In Your Corner

Was that done to accommodate someone's religion?
    Because you're talking about completely different circumstances.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So would you extend the same courtesy to Jewish players and not hold games on their sabbath?