1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

2. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

If somebody voluntarily submits to it - that is their individual freedom to do so in this country. It's no different than Orthodox Jews or any fundamental sect of any religion that has strict laws outside those of this land that govern their day to day behavior.

If you are talking about "subjecting people" against their will to conform to a set of religious beliefs - they most certainly do not have a monopoly on that and the contempt and legislative activism should apply to all the examples not one.

Facts - just like you asked for. Just because you don't like them, they don't fit into your neat narrative and your feelings on such causes you to label them "rambling" doesn't change that you're going to be hard press to refute them. . .because. . .wait for it. . .they're facts.

Funny, just bought a car over the weekend. Between inspections, notary shit, and putting the blond on the insurance for it - I've spent more time, money, providing "proof" of God knows what just to be "legal" with it and us driving it than any gun purchase I've made (with the exception of Class III). Those AR's - I walked in, pointed at it, handed them a debit card, did 5-7 mins of paper work, and walked out with it.

I never said it would SOLVE the problem, but you're full of shit if you don't think it will save lives (not all of them - but if that's your standard, why did you do the job you did?).

You haven't heard - there's a civil war looming, the real possibility of a zombie apocalypse, an impending armed fight with the federal government, radical Islamic terrorists around every corner, and a criminal waiting to break into my house and rape my lovely. . .

Both of those cases stay locked in my basement (along with others). If any of the above happens, I have 10 rounds in a 1911 to get me from my bedroom to them and if I can't do that, I'm pretty much fucked. Given the percentages (among other things) - I'm fine with it.

And I don't need that top case - to your point - I think it's ridiculous the ease in which I acquired that case and almost everything in it.

Either way - don't get it twisted - neither the news, talking points or political ideology drives my feelings on the subject. . .it's almost exclusively first hand experience.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should just surrender them to the authorities..since you don't need them, there is No Real Reason, you should own them.
    I find it odd, you are pointing fingers at the owners of such firearms and the ease at which they buy them and shouldn't have them, yet YOU are one of THEM.
    (Just an Observation).

XFBO likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll take em :D

I like my latest analogy for the auto/semi auto/higher capacity stuff - most people rarely need air tools but when you do they're damned nice to have. Are they truly necessary? Nope. But they sure make some jobs a hell of a lot easier. Different tools for different jobs.

Britt likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Did you need a criminal background check to buy your car?

Trying to compare the time you took to make sure the government gets its "fair share" of money when buying a car to buying a gun is apples and hand grenades. It's a stupid comparison and you know better.

Britt likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If someone wants to voluntarily submit to Sharia Law, that is indeed their prerogative, up to the point where there is conflict with the laws of the US, honor killing being an obvious problem.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If saving JUST ONE LIFE is yours, then why own/drive a car? Why own any type of guns that can just as easily be stolen from you and used in a crime spree? Why allow alcohol to be legally sold when we KNOW more lives are taken each year by DUI? The list can go on.....no?

So really, who's lying to themselves and potentially full of shit?

JBraun, crashman and Britt like this.
  8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, once he lied about the gun bill allowing mentally ill to buy guns and online gun purchases, or guns bought at gun shows not needing background checks, I knew it was the beginning of some type of liberal grandstanding. Once it was over I looked to see if Shapiro or Steven Crowder had a rebuttal.

It's hilarious that Kimmel thinks he decides who's prayers the victim's will accept, like he's some moral compass or god.

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. bleacht

False. Again, Kimmel's monologue had a bunch of lies, not just exaggerations. If you're cool with someone using their platform, like his, to spread propoganda than so be it.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

He should have stuck with girls jumping on trampolines.

11. bleacht

Yes. Most cases last year of people defending their homes from home invasion were with semi-auto guns. What would those people have done without their guns? And the number is a hell of a lot bigger than those lost in mass shootings.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

And even after all this a gun has never shot anyone on its own. We are not compairing individual gun types being made for specific uses. Of course guns are made differently to be used for different purposes. Of course not all guns are the same. But they are all nothing more than a tool. They are all tools regardless of their purposely built uses. No different than your two cases. Each of which that have been built for a specific purpose. Thanks for the hi hourse lecture. Yeah, I have no fucking clue about firearms. :crackup::moon:

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's about all he knows anything about. And even at that, The Man Show was more Adam Carolla. Kimmel is just a typical LWN, his show has been going downhill since it began. He's a typical pathetic LWN moron.

V5 Racer likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I wonder if in a few years we will start to see new sleep disorders caused by late night show hosts.

It used to be that people drifted off to light hearted comedy and music to unwind. Now its all politcal lectures and trying to stir emotions.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This post and the one that preceded it were truly refreshing to read :beer:

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I see you enjoy a Good Fairytale.

turner38 and BHP41 like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I fall asleep regularly to Forensic Files and I'm just fine.... :eek:

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

What about his post do you disagree with?

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Did you even read this? Your example proves the point that guns can be dangerous with a dumb ass/psychopath and not so without a dumb ass/psychopath. In the same manner as a...........tool.

20. SuddenBraking

What is this strange fascination to make the disingenuous claim that a gun is like any other tool? Here's the definition of tool for you guys (I think we can all agree that #1 is the applicable definition for this discussion):

upload_2017-10-4_10-24-54.png

As I thought we had covered and agreed upon earlier, a gun isn't like "any other tool" (when that was pointed out earlier I was met with "thanks Dr. Obvious" type answers, but perhaps what was obvious a few pages ago is not so obvious now) in that those other tools have primary purposes wholly unrelated to killing/shooting/maiming things. By the logic espoused in this thread, a grenade is a "tool", a nuke is a "tool", etc. - should we legalize ownership of those devices? If not, why not?