1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawi 250r race setup recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

What do you need to know Jessie? The VR is the same exhaust we use on the 37hp Sportisi Monster bike. Peter called me and got the dimensions so expect a post from him.

2. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

Just was curious to see if anyone had tried it, found any pro's or cons etc. Like I said in the email as soon as I get rid of the yoshi slip on i will be placing my order with u :up:

3. grantourin_90

The sound clip sounded pretty sweet too, I think that was the race exhaust with the fly byes?

I'm hoping to have the exhaust and the bigger jets for the XXX 128 by Roebling.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. SportisimotoUSA

I'm placing an order this week. I'll make sure I have yours in there.

5. grantourin_90

Ha ha. The pressure is on lol! :up:

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Will you be getting any of the double bubble windscreens with this order?

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I saw some adjustable replacement "dog bones" for the rear suspension. For the old gen it will go +1.5" to -4", but for the new gen only go from stock height to -4"...

Does anyone make an adjustable link for the new gen that will provide some rise?

8. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Where did you see the adjustable dog bones? link please?

9. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Are double bubble screens legal under superstock rules? Here is a quote from the rule book: "double bubble type windscreens are not allowed." If you want rear ride height adjust-ability then buy a decent shock. Dont know of dog-bones that allow you to raise the rear.

10. thrak410

A 'decent shock' is still $500+ ... I bought the bike for $800 lol!

double-bubbles arent SS legal last I checked

11. grantourin_90

I "thought" the elka was adjustable height... Guess not.

12. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Just saying that I have not heard of any dogbones for the new gen that will allow the kind of adjustment to the rear ride height that you will need to race with....you need mm of adjustment, not inches....I think Kevin said they were adjustable...will look it up.

13. thrak410

well duh heh.. but if its a threaded adjustable dogbone then if it adjusts 1" higher that = 25.4mm in whatever increment you want.

:)

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I picked up a used Fox for 100 bucks. Still haven't put it on yet, but it's on my list.

15. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Link to those dogbones? please

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Haven't you had that shock for a long time now :confused: :D

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yeah, for a little while. I have a 17" rear wheel/tire that's still in the box, too.

I'm terribly motivated, in case you can't tell. :D

Once it warms up I'll get busy.

18. SportisimotoUSA

I have some now.

19. SportisimotoUSA

If I remember correctly someone used some off of a Hayabusa and it gave the rear end a nice little lift. He had it on the highest setting. Raised the rear about 2 inches. On the lowest it would be more in the 1 inch range.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Well while were at it from the rulebook "Rear shocks may be changed or modified but must remain the same type as original." Is anyone really reading the rulebook with this class? It does not seem so. Electronic engine aids, ceramic bearings, .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.