1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawi 250r race setup recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

If we did the 118 as a "spec" fuel I could prolly work out a sweet deal on it..

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

$15/gal... + jetting/dyno time?

And just a few pages ago you guys were spouting this being the "cheap" class??

3. grantourin_90

Ok guys just talked to "the man" lol. If you all wanted to go the XXX f118 route, we could sell it for $65 for 5 gallons to the ESS riders. I work for a XXX ditributor and will have the fuel readily available at all SE,MC, and National events via Next Level Motorsports. Lemme know.

4. grantourin_90

I'm sure no one will contest u if u wanna run pump gas.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm sure no one will, but I'm getting totally conflicting messages here.

1) its the cheapo class, come run it and have fun, be competitive cuz rules are tight
    2) do everything you can to beef up your machine using SS rules

So what are we doing? Restrictive SS rules or wide open SS rules?

6. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

Unfortunately I think it is. Like I said, it would clear all this up without question.
    Pump gas won't work as well, it would be hard to jet for not knowing what each person bought. VP is sealed and the most easily avaliable to everyone.

118 is great, but if Jessie doesn't show up with it, we'd be out. Too hard to find locally.

Another trip to the dyno? If you lost your notes let me know, I was standing there when you dynoed 118 coming off of 4.2 last season.

As of now I'm planning on running RRR. As long as there will be someone to race, a 1 bike show wouldn't be worth a six hour drive.

7. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

What bike do you have?

We are running E-SS rules, any body work, no engine mods and the rest SS rules per TRB.

8. grantourin_90

It is not dependent on just me showing up. Next Level Moto as well, which is contracted to be at every southeast race. I will be at almost evey national race myself, working on the endurance team. And I will b at every mid central race.

I promise u guys. I can and will keep everyone with fuel. U all have my word.

9. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I don't think the sealed thing would work, but if there was an agreement here, and then have it posted to the rules, hopefully there would be enough honor amongst you guys to make it work. I realize that this is uninforcable, but hopefully most would voluntarily adhere.

This is by far the best answer. Race gas has a fragance; it would be hard to disguise and would be worthy of a protest.

hell, letum run 93 if they wanna really step out.

Why use race gas at all??? Pump gas!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  10. grantourin_90

I'm racing teh 250 at RRR for sure too. First time on the bike and first time to RRR.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you want cheaper then why do I get all of these emails and calls asking about modifications?

It's a race class that is cheaper than most of the other classes we run. If you want truly cheap then racing isn't the place for you.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know what, this thread is too damned long for anyone want to get into racing a 250 to handle, it's getting locked down.

boxcrash likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.