1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup:Who’s got the salty tears now? But really, that’s a question that can only be answered if someone was actually full of themselves enough to do it.:flag:

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

No one would kneel in the paddock. Even he doesn’t have those balls. It’s all talk.

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Or what?

4. Quicktoy

There is no or what. Lol

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Dude, I don’t have anything to prove. I stand unashamedly with Kap, but I don’t need to travel to the track to prove it. The invite with the ridiculously laughable veiled threat is just more salt and pretext to name-calling. As if Trump’s bikers would have something to say about anything I did. More keyboard posturing for nothing.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, you stand with a guy who's whole premise is built on a lie and who's stance has been debunked by actual research and data?
    One who is profiting greatly by the division of others?
    Just want to make sure I'm understanding your position.

Robby-Bobby and Fonda Dix like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sounds like Bucky is the one making veiled threats to anyone that might say something to him. More salty tears from bad, bad Leroy Brown.

Quicktoy and Fonda Dix like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

When God gives you salt, you make margaritas. Or salty dogs. Your choice.

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I can’t control how you feel about my responses bro. I asked the ‘or what?’ Question. How you took that is your issue.

10. Quicktoy

You still wouldn’t kneel in the paddock as much as you love kneeling for Kap. Get real man. It’s not a call out. It’s a “we both know you wouldn’t ever do that”. Especially since you know it’s all a lie. The guy Kap knelt for had just stabbed someone and was being ordered by the police to drop his knife. Was shot with multiple bean bags and pepper spray to try to de escalate the situation before being shot by officers. Oh btw. First two officers who drew on him weren’t white. So like I said. You know it’s a lie. We know it’s a lie. You can choose to stand with a liar, that’s your prerogative. But no one in here is going to show up to a WERA race and disrespect the flag to inflate their own ego.

You also asked who in the paddock would give you grief if you knelt. If you think no one would then once again you’re lying to yourself.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You literally just took every grain of salt from his house, work, family dinner, etc. with that response, Buck will never taste salt again.

Damn. Lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Would someone physically confront an individual for kneeling in the paddock?
    Probably not, but people would think less of the kneeler I would imagine.

StaccatoFan and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Quicktoy

The truth hurts. I’m sorry. But it’s what I do.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Where some quarter of the folks aren't even paying attention anyway? Jeezus this place has jumped the shark.
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. What are you going to do, hit me? Call me a liar? Go cry to Mongo? Jeezus.

15. Quicktoy

No. Only you guys resort to violence. None of the above. And yet you still wouldn’t do it.

If you were going to do it, you would have done it already. Now you’d do it just to feed your own ego for being called out on the beeb? That’s pathetic in itself.

brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Nope, just laugh at you.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, thanks but I understand all of that. What I am asking for is how you came up with this idea that they actually benefit (i.e. get richer) from giving away money. Your brother didn't say anything like that.

Reducing your tax burden is one thing. Increasing your net worth is an entirely different thing. Giving tax-deductible money to charity allows you to do a good thing while costing you less than if you were not able to deduct it. But it doesn't actually make you money. You need to compare your tax burden without the deduction to your tax burden with the deduction plus the amount you donated.

That's an entirely different argument. But it's not a financial one.

Look, if I had started this discussion by saying that accounting was one of my majors in college, it would have sounded like I was bragging (never worked in the field). So I asked you instead to check with your brother. But dude, you are wrong on this. It's not the first time I've had that exact discussion here. That's why I mentioned Cosmo Kramer accounting. :)

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Poppa, I screwed up...what I should have said was that they're keeping the money out of the hands of the IRS...that's the biggest point in the matter I was trying to make. I just said it/typed it completely wrong.

Is that better? That's all I was really trying to get at.

With that much money..you are going to lose some of it to the IRS...you cannot keep all of it..so stuff it in a Foundation, and then at least you can control where it goes, rather than watch it disappear at tax time.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's easy to be generous when you're getting tons more than you give.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You could donate a good chunk of your income to your own foundation, reducing your overall income tax burden. You would be an officer in your foundation, which could own cars and homes, provide clothes, food, travel, etc. that you are allowed to use as operating expenses for being an officer of that foundation. And you get other people to donate to that foundation, as long as you use some percentage for charitable purposes. Even if it is one cent of every dollar like the various clinton foundations are run.
    Done all the time by celebrities and other wealthy people that listen to their advisers.

Quicktoy likes this.