1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Doughnuts in coffee... maybe :crackup:

2. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

So the guy, whose black father bailed on him and who's white mother mother let him be adopted to white parents into a super white neighborhood in fond du lac wisconsin Wisconsin (90% white) , just to be moved, when he was 4, to another white neighborhood ( Turloc, Ca) when he was 4 to live a generic, suburban life (75% white) , and is now the face of black, urban oppression?

Wow - what an asshole. Arm chair psychiatrist here- maybe he has daddy issues, or black isssues - don't know, don't really care. Raised by whites, hates them for being successful, hates his father for being absent . Maybe he had/has a Muslim girlfriend poisoning his mind.

Well, suck a back a dicks, Colin. Whether they are a bag a french baguettes, all popping out of a paper bag, all fresh like, or like a ziploc full of thawed out chicken breasts, just clumped into a pile in the bottom. Go suck on them, you fucking pile of shit.

Br1anbuck and DrA5 like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm just sick of politics, being in everything thing we do, say, watch etc. I don't want politics in my music, or my sports, or in anything really. When I want politics, I'll find it.

Nike is a clothing business. Why on earth would they subject themselves to the alienation of part of their customer base? Money? I just bought a bunch of Nike stuff because it was made in the USA, but I won't be buying anything from them in the near future. Petty? Maybe. But I don't give a shit.

Rant off.

weber#465 likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...most of this crap comes down to virtue signaling. Nike can have their product made by child slave labor, but if the push the right buttons with the social media generation all is good. You can be a child/mother/father raper, but if you boycott Chick-fil-a or confront a deplorable, you are golden. Appearance is everything.

crashman likes this.
  5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Nike could stop using child labor but as long as they hit their profit projections the retirement generation will get their earnings.
    Perception and perspective is everything - seeing as how you are outraged by something that hasn't happened.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not outraged. I'm disappointed. I really am not at all surprised you don't see it.

weber#465 likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It’s so telling that he thinks investors are all part of the “retirement generation”

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's no better than those of us boomers that lump all millenials into one group.

9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Perspective and perception is everything and being outraged by things that haven't happened.

So...this explains all the outrage with anything Trump?...or does it not work that way in these cases? I'm confused, with all the double speak and hypocrisy I read these days.

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Regardless of what you think about this specific situation, since when does someone need to be the recipient of misbehavior in order to take a stand against it? :confused:

11. Fonda Dix

True if I was mocking his mocking of a generation. Rather, I am mocking his lack of understanding of the diversity of modern investors. They range from children to near dead, all races, all religions, and dozens of genders. :)

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Huffpost is reporting a 31% raise in Nike sales following this campaign ad. I'd post a link but it's a video.
    Like I said : marketing genius.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Look to his radical GF for tipping him....

14. Fonda Dix

15. sheepofblue

Nope those people are worse as they are old enough to know better.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

It was a response to "The social media generation" good fuggin lord with you guys sometimes...I have been both an investor and a creator on the internet since I graduated from college. Just reversing the words put out there and showcasing another perspective on Nike's labor practices.

17. sheepofblue

So 1/3 of their customers can be manipulated like lemmings.... cool.

But then again I never saw the need to have my shoes signed for triple the price.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Effin millenial.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check out the Dungeon rules on occasion. :)

20. Fonda Dix

:)