1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JRP has a new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, Sep 4, 2009.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Not 1-inch. They had to go to frame-by-frame to detect any movement, followed by no movement, followed by the lights going out. And since the rule doesn't say "wheel movement," they can bust guys for fork compression.

Hey, I tried the "work within the system, have a meeting" with these guys, after Road America. What they said they were going to do (fix it, in favor of rational enforcement), and what they then did (nothing), was completely different. At the end, all the operations guys at NJ could say, when asked how it affected fair competition, was "We're just following orders." And again said they were not ever told to change what they did at Road America, which was the first place the grid cameras had worked in a year.

"Just following orders" didn't work as a defense in the late 1940s, and shouldn't work now. The idea that you have to be consistent and keep shooting people because if you don't, it's unfair to those you have already killed, is ridiculous.

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Do what you say you're going to do.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm going to get another Diet Mt Dew and then print more GNF invites.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, done. Now I'm going to have a cigarette in the office, don't tell anyone!

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Cool...Do I get one?

invite...not the Dt. Dew....I like mine with all the high fructose corn syrup.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno if you do or not, how badly did you suck this year?

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

can you pay to the last place so I don't drive all the way from west without making any money?:D

7. Critter

Critter Registered

Mongo U need some pop corn?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pop corn would be good, might have to run out to the rv and get some, I'm hungry (yes I know that was a given).

Sorry Zoran, you're not allowed to finish last :D

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think I sucked so bad I only won maybe 1 regional championship. I'll try to suck harder next year.

wait....

that came out wrong.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

You going to swallow next year also?

:Poke:

11. caferace

caferace No.

:crackup:

-jim

12. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

love me some Diet Dew :beer:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DMD is the nectar of the gods the ancients wrote about...

14. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

:tut:
    Sorry John, you lose this argument automatically by way of Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them... uniformly... :Poke::D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's piss from a red bull drinking goat.

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

One use in 8600 posts is not excessive. But the only way it could have seemed more appropriate given the expression of the sad party uttering the excuse, would have been if he had clicked his heels as he said it.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That's charitable. :Puke:

Diet Coke FTW in the diet soda championship, all day long.

18. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Depends how bad he wants to go to the GNF. :crackup:

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

No GPS's aren't accurate enough to tell if you left the 12"x12" box (or how ever big they are).

The camera's with the software would be able to tell this and if implemented properly flag it for review by a human to determine if its an issue per the rules.

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Sweet...now I can start running to my mailbox every second looking for one.