1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Reacher equals Tom Cruise...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

I like Alan Ritchson. He was hilarious in Blue Mountain State. Loved that show!

2. I wouldn’t say I’m short. But I reckon it depends on who I’m being compared to.

Compared to you, 99.999% of the population is short. :D

I’m 6’2” (and 220lbs).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    britx303 and younglion like this.
  3. True story. :crackup:

Once I finally poured myself in it, I’d just be like “Well, I guess this is me for good.” :crackup:

HPPT likes this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Just renewed for another season.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

6'-2" and 220lbs??????? pfffft tinkerbell:Poke: ( i keed i keed) :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Watched 3 episodes with the wife and kids yesterday. Having read a dozen of the books, this guy fits the character quite well. The acting is meh, but we will be watching more.

7. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Just watched season 1. What a let down, just more uninspired crap. With the exception of the blond female cop, the acting was terrible. Poorly written. The villains weren't villainous. They failed miserably at trying to do the buddy cop thing between Reacher and the detective. They couldn't even get the wrath-filled revenge thing right, and that's about the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. I don't understand why production companies even bother with this drivel if this is the best they can do with a reasonable budget.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I didn’t see it but I recognized him as the artist with a micropenis in New Girl.

9. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

The books are all campy as hell and the show was too. Was just what I expected, and was pretty good by todays low brow, churn stuff out standards.

I think it will make a good time waster show. They have a ton of good stories to choose from for upcoming seasons.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Short AND skinny :crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds like the entire point of television and movies to me. Hell, books too, I like campy.

noles19 and Knotcher like this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Agreed Not every show needs to leave you feeling like you were dragged through a gutter..
    And honestly you can have the show end on a positive note and still be a good show if you can actually write it well.

13. :crackup:

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Have you read the book on which the series was based? I felt like it matched the book well and the acting matched the characters demeanor in the book. All of the Reacher books are about the same, so if you didn't like this one, you probably won't like the rest, either. I thought it was good and exactly what I was looking for out of the series. Lee Child, the author of the books, is an executive producer and probably has some input. I am looking forward to the next season. Way better than the Tom Cruise version.

15. deathwagon

I did read the book, which was pretty bland in my opinion, so I guess a bland TV show based on the book makes sense. There was no drama, no suspense, no humor, no intrigue, no intensity. The fight scenes were poorly choreographed for the most part. The gun fight scenes mostly followed the same tired script- Bad guy pops out, pauses, waits to get shot, dies instantly. The series was about as riveting as an episode of Matlock. I just didn't find myself caring about any of the characters or give a damn what happened. Just not my cup of tea.

At least the Cruise movie had Sandy and the bar fight scene :)

Gorilla George, R1Racer99 and Wingnut like this.
  16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I would describe it as subtle, rather than bland. Maybe it is too sophisticated for you.:Poke:
    I do agree that your assessment is pretty accurate, but I enjoy, at times, that kind of mindless entertainment.
    Plus, the shower scene wasn't too bad.

17. deathwagon

Sophisticated like fat free mayonnaise on an unsalted cracker, maybe :Poke:

org86.jpg

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...different strokes for different folks.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This type of hero was a reaction to the introspective “flawed” hero archetype that always had to overcome his own flaw in some way to barely eek out another victory.

Reacher is just a juggernaut that ends up getting fucked with and then puts his boot through everyone’s ass.

I love it.

Funkm05, Slider82, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  20. Ok. Now I’m excited to watch it. Love me some boots in asses. :D