1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Reacher equals Tom Cruise...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

WTF???? He's about a foot short!!! Really, he can deliver on the actuon films, what was that Hitler film he did, but really? Hello Viggo Mortenson! Effyouceekay!!!!!

DmanSlam likes this.
  2. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Yeah, I feel your pain. The Jack Reacher series is about a 6 foot 4 inch 250+ lb brute of an ex-military MP wandering around the country dispensing violence and justice. Not big on explosions or action. Just a methodical low key investigator. The ads are really misleading compared to the series.

I actually like Cruise in action flicks. But this is NOT the role for him based on the book's descriptions. Ugh.

DmanSlam likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Saw a commercial and actually yelled "what the fuck?" out loud. Then had to explain to the family that the character in the books is my size but in shape, not a midget. The rest of the bullshit like him giving the video clerk crap is ridiculous too, absolutely not the character at all, not even close.

Going to have to watch it expecting a basic Cruise flick and not an adaptation of the books other than a striking similarity in the lead characters name.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

One that I will probably see once Netflix gets it. Which should be in the year 2030. If you've never read any Reacher book thus might be good. If you've read even the first paragraph to any if them, well...I think we're all f$cked on what should've been a great movie series.

5. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Y'all are wrong. Cruise is 6'4"... just ask his ego.....:D

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm still pouting about this. I threw Viggo out there, but he's too good looking, and Alexander Skarsgard (sp?) Is tall enough but too young and good looking. I feel like I'm missing someone...who?

7. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Playboy did an interview with the book's author the other month. Initially he was against Cruise, but once he met with him and saw that Cruise would get it made, he signed on. For what it's worth, the author really likes what they did with the movie. Guess I need to start reading the books.

8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

The books are well worth the time. I enjoyed every one I read.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes yes yes Cruise delivers. Who should have played Reacher? Who did I miss?

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He didn't do too bad as a badass in Collateral.

11. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I liked the bus scene.

12. povol

povol Well-Known Member

John Cena, The Rock , Is acting a prerequisite ?

13. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

When did they start putting words in nekkid wimmens magazines? :D

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

My wife and I both have read and enjoyed all the Reacher novels. When we saw the ad for the movie with Tom Cruise, we were both "WTF???"

Seriously, he is a puny little whiney-bot. How about a manly man in a manly-man role? Jack Reacher could wipe his ass with Chuck Norris and then throw Norris into a volcano.

15. cgordon3

Jeffery Dean Morgan?

16. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

From Wikipedia:

Reacher is 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100–115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast). He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner. [4] He has, however, a high stamina. Reacher's strength is combined with his savant intellect and military training, analyzing his environment and opponents at extremely high processing speeds.

Reacher has various scars, most notably a scar on his abdomen caused by a bombing in Lebanon. [5] He also has a 3–4 inch thin white scar that intersects his shrapnel scar that he received during a knife fight in Gone Tomorrow. Reacher mentions how the rough stitch work from his existing scar helped decrease the severity of his most recent attack. However, the cut did produce a deep, serious gash that led to Reacher passing out from blood loss. [6] He also has a scar on his chest from a .38 bullet, [7] a tear drop burn scar from close range gunshot that crossed his chest at point blank range, [8] and one on his arm where[9]

17. cgordon3

So...Dolph Lundgren from 20 years ago.

18. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part about extremely high processing speeds? Me Dolph!!

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but old Dolph has a master's degree in Chemical Engineering and won a Fulbright scholarship to MIT.

20. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

TC, if you get this before Chuck finds you, it was nice knowing you. No one survives talking about the Chuck like that. I'm a little frightened just quoting it.