1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Reacher equals Tom Cruise...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Because Reacher is a beat up old retired Army guy.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Noted

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Micky Rourke???
    Dude wad awesome in the wrestler

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

True, but that guy is so freaking weird.

5. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

So weird and uncomfortable to be around. If you haven't seen it already:

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You sure you want to put a YT link there???

7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Still a midget. Reacher is 6'5" and 250 lbs.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Anybody watching this new Tv series? I enjoyed the first 3 books in the series but wasn't sold on Cruise playing the character, this dude nails the role.
    Been watching this with my 9 year and now he starts some random conversation with " I'm gonna count to three....."

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Finished it in a day. (Network down at work so what else did I have to do?). Loved it!!!

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Been waiting for it. I will start tonight.

11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I watched the first 3-4 episodes and it's a decent show.

Sidebar - Reacher is exactly how I picture @Gorilla George to be in real life based on the Beeb comments about him - huge muscle bound dude that loves animals and doesn't suffer fools.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Reacher would order a penis pink Porsche and wait for you to make fun of him.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I like this version a lot better than Tom Cruise.

this new guy is a badass and fucking HUGE

R Acree likes this.
  14. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

One of oddest and funniest things I ever saw; was a couple 6'+ 200+lb Marines get the sh#t kicked out of them by 2 -5 foot 6 Mexicans.

They were all young...but the lil guys took em to school.

Basically what it boiled down to was they were scared of Mexicans ,andt as a matter of fact they probably had never seen Mexicans in person for being shipped to boot camp...lol

They did not know how to fight; not even close.
    The Jars were two Big O'l cornfed boys too...lol
    I remember it like it was yesterday back in the 80s, she hold dive nightclub in Oceanside by Pendleton. It was rare to see 200+ lb 18 year olds.
    Now they're all that size? Must be something in the food...lol

I never knew there was a Jack reacher comic or book?
    Then we'll be I don't recall us being bad nor great... But I'll check out the TV show when I get a chance should be good for some laughs

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I only watched the first two episodes tonight but I was pretty disappointed. Not sure if it was the production or acting but it just feels like one of those shitty formulaic crime dramas that old people love to watch on network tv. But it’s getting good reviews so maybe it’s just me.

16. Oh shit :crackup:

17. Where is this series? Netflix?

18. I loved the Jack Reacher movies.

But in fairness, of course I never read the books. I didn’t know the movie was based on a book till y’all said it.

So I didn’t go in with any preconceived notions about what Reacher should look/be like.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime video.

...and same, I never read the books, just recall the Beeb losing it 10 years ago when 5'8" Tom Cruise played the guy.

The show is worth a watch but it's no masterpiece.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So far, the series is following the first book, really well. I am enjoying the heck out of it.
    I have the book this first season is following and if anybody wants it, I'll be happy to send it to them, with the proviso that if anybody else wants it the recipient will send it to them when they finish it. Kind of like a library, but you don't have to return it, just send it on.

Rebel635 likes this.