1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It was fun while it lasted...

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, May 6, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...6,-93.833707,41.455315,-93.391507,11&qdm=true

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

G 97 likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

More importantly, what's the going rate per acre for prime Iowa corn ground ? :D

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Before or after the crypto crash?

5. Dave Wolfe

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

rd400racer, Phl218 and G 97 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I could give a price but soon after, some chucklehead would find a single acre with a CSR of 10 with a rock pan and proclaim it to be the average for all 90+, tiled ground. :D
    :crackup:

Banditracer likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    ChemGuy likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

ChemGuy likes this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

One of my old best friends moved from the DC area to Denison when his Mother retired from working on “the hill”. He told me one of the only jobs he could find back then was in a meat plant. Is that a big industry out there? He said the worst part was trudging through the maggots

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    G 97 likes this.
  11. Dave Wolfe

Lots of pigs.

G 97 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

There are several around the state. Tyson and Oscar Meyer being the most recognized but currently two huge beef plants are being constructed. During Covid the work force became decimated not because of the work location but because multiple workers and workers families live together in same housing. You can easily identify the towns with meat packing places by the local residents and secondary business. Several once clean small towns are now little shit holes. Hate to say it but it’s true.

britx303 likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Land of Pigs :crackup:

Chickens, turkeys, beef and dairy cows as well. Iowa is a leading producer for turkeys. Leads the world in corn production and very large soybean production. Plus lead the world in chicken genetics through Hy-Line International. Also lead the world in corn genetics with Pioneer International and soybean genetics with Stine Seeds. Also the leading manufacturer of agriculture equipment with John Deere. Plus one of the leading Universities in the US with Iowa State University. (Fuck the University or iowa). Plus a huge insurance, financial and banking hub in Des Moines. Iowa is a nice place to be.

14. Dave Wolfe

F john deere!!!!

You dont see the pigs though. They are in these huge sprawling metal buildings with a bunch of strange shit attached to the sides.

G 97 likes this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You know why its so windy in Iowa?

Because Illinois SUCKS!!!

Phl218 and G 97 like this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

God it is windy in Iowa. Dang.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck