1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle of Man TT 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 19, 2016.

1. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Lorenzo is nothing compared to Dunlop, on or off the bike :D

while watching this years kick off press/media event, I noticed the comment he made to Mcpint about taking his monster sponsorship was pretty low. didnt know he had such a way with words prior to that though.

2. To be fair if they didn't translate Lorenzo I wouldn't have any clue what he said either. :D

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:crackup:

4. caferace

caferace No.

Please. 95% of the time he says the same thing he said last time. :)

MD doesn't. He wins.

-jim

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Interesting the RC213v-s fully kitted out couldn't catch or walk away from a BMW. No word on what numbers Padget got out of it but in a straight line it wasn't any faster than the other 1k's. But for the first time out it did well. Damn well. Fifth place for a bruised Anstey in the Senior and it held together the entire week. Says a lot for Padgett's crew. Far as I know that's the first time this bike has been used in competition. Like to see what numbers the RC213v-s can put out next to a Superbike BMW.

Nice gallery http://www.cycleworld.com/gallery-bruce-anstey-on-honda-rc213v-s-at-isle-man-tt#page-10

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In fact Hutchy said that his S1000RR had more of a Superstock spec engine and he still walked right past the RCV on the straight.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys truly have no idea just how bitchy and whiney a whole LOT of your favorite racers/teams/team owners can be :crackup:

Scuba Steve likes this.
  8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Those results should be a warning to the competition when you stress that the bike had absolutely zero development time in any sort of competition, combined with the fact that Bruce was riding injured. I'm highly impressed.

9. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I like Milky's skeptical look in the last photo

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

True. If Padgett's continues development and god forbid HRC actually lends some knowledge. Seems like Clive did this completely on his own. Just finishing is a miracle. I think it would be legal for Macau. And for Suzuka...

11. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

12. Dunlop plays the game, he's like Cal except gets results. You also have to remember for years he has been scraping up bits to build bikes to run vs highly funded teams, the guys fully committed.

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Make no mistake...Dunlop is well funded.

418 and JBraun like this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything, but when you're last name is Dunlop and you're as freakishly talented as MD, you're not shaking a cup to go racing.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He sure moaned a lot about there being no money. It was at the NW 200. Slammed the locals and the Irish gov and the teams. Everyone else wanted to race. He wanted to get paid. And that same year he had everyone thinking he was going to not do the TT.

418 likes this.
  16. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Michael Dunlop's legit;I'm not sure where you guys are getting the whiny shit from. Hutchy came off the bitch to me in the MCN article - "I need to have a pretty big think about whether I’ll come back to the TT unless the organisers explain what went on"? Are you serious? F off with your explanations and butthurt about being checked. MD got torn down by procedure, actually DQ'ed because of a builder's mistake, and he didn't say a damn word about it.

He's definitely not scraping by, as Brandon said, but he's also not on a "just show up ride it" team. That's very definitely by his own choice, so it's not "poor Michael" at all. He wants the freedom to choose his machinery and crew. The man's not racing to make friends, he's racing to win.

Whiny.. please

scottn and stk0308 like this.
  17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I thought Hutchy's comments were somewhat uncharacteristic for him.

MD is not shy about speaking his mind, regardless of how undiplomatic such comments might be. Not surprising - Guy Martin, Cal Crashlow and others are similar. I have found MD's antics to be somewhat unappealing over the years (the whole Milwaukee Yamaha debacle), but then he is a unique individual. They all are. If that is what it takes to turn a 133.95 mph lap at the Island, then so be it. I try to be diplomatic, and I could not come close to turning a triple digit lap at the Island, regardless of what I might be on.

I have great respect for these guys' riding abilities and what they are able to accomplish. I'm not a Jorge Lorenzo fan either (I like the old guy), but one cannot dispute his ability to put down consistent record laps when needed.

I guess it is all part of the "color".

Cheers,

Dave

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Enough about that guy. They need to be worried about Peter Hickman. On record pace at the Isle, podiums at the NW 200 this year, wins BSB Silverstone. He's a freak.

He did a 132 on his third time at the Isle. That's bonkers. If it wasn't for equipment failures he'd have trophies this year, no question. Hope next year he can have some better luck.

Forgot he won at Macau. Freak!

19. ton

ton Arf!

agreed completely. i expect podiums next year. fun to watch him progress.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I was at Hickman's first TT. The paddock was on fire after he went 122 on his first non speed-controlled lap. He ended up turning a 129 that year as a newcomer!!