1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Islam has no sense of humor - OUTRAGE over cartoon....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by MarkB, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

The "Islamic Cartoon Wars of '06" remind me of Monty Python's World's Funniest Joke skit... where each soldier memorizes only a portion :)

Most of those demonstrating have never seen the cartoons and for obvious reasons don't want to. Even if they did I doubt many in Muslim countries read conservative Danish newspapers.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Re: Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

Must have been CNN:D

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

4. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Don't fuel the fire...

Futile or not the nuking of Muslim city's is inherent in the suggestion by Casby including causality figures.. I never mentioned it, nor do I condone it.. Also inherent in Casbys statement is the assertion that all Muslims are bombers, he can't have it both ways..

To have him then question me as if I somehow suggested or inferred this is an assignment of his statements to me.. I reject this...

I only pointed out that there is a defense against the bombers, I did not speculate on the viability of this defense nor who (or how) it should be carried it out.

5. tcasby

tcasby Banned

If the is no identifiable controlling entity, there is nothing to appease or not appease.

This is a social phenomena involving many complex layers. You've got a segment of the Islamic "street" ready to explode with the slightest encouragement or excuse, Mullahs and the like who see conflict between Islam and the west empowering for them and use what would be otherwise unnoticed incidents to stir up trouble.

You've got terrorists springing up independently of all this, a sympathetic Arab media, criminals profiting from it, and on and on. You've got a society where conspiracy theories no matter how fantastic are readily believed and every action we take, no matter how justified, distorted and served up as proof of the wests intention to destroy Islam.

All this in a population 15 times greater than 1939 Germany and growing rapidly with not even a hint of centralized control.

6. Robert

Categorically or just emphatically? :D

Why not admit you don't know?

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

I think it goes without saying that it's orchestrated. The areas being damaged and people being killed aren't the point.
    It's a simple demonstration of power and a threat.

Shortly after it all started, our local paper carried the story accompanied by short interviews with local Muslim moderates, business people and religious leaders. They all had pretty much the same message-We don't agree with the violence, but if you insult Islam, this is what you can expect. None were in the least apologetic for the actions of their "brothers" in the religion of peace. None suggested that maybe the Muslim brotherhood needs to develop an understanding that they aren't the only people who's feelings and wants and rights matter.
    All suggested that the rest of us need to stop stirring up trouble by insulting Muslims because trouble was sure to follow.

It's just another face of Muslim-backed terrorism which, as usual, escapes the condemnation of all but a very few Muslims, and is excused by all the usual sources.

8. Robert

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

Do you have a suggestion that involves more than bullets or cruise missiles?

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

So I guess responding "f 'em if they can't take a joke", would not be an appropriate response?

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

If the press didn't pay attention, how long would the protests continue?

11. In Your Corner

Yes, people need to wake up to what's happening around them and pay attention to actions rather than words.

They also need to disabuse themselves of that folksy notion I hear spouted ad nauseum that "people everywhere want the same things you do. We're all alike".

There's a huge problem out there that many people are working hard to not see or acknowledge.

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Don't fuel the fire...

Thought you had me on ignore? :Poke:

I know that killing those that create and train the bombers, those that make the bombs as well as the bombers is a defense...

Now please go ahead and plan... :up:

13. Robert

So people need to wake up, disabuse themselves and acknowledge a huge problem?

Then what?

14. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

Did anyone see Good Morning America today? They showed a suicide-bomber school, there were alot of them signing up!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! [​IMG]

15. __Racer_X_2003

__Racer_X_2003 Well-Known Member

they've tried, but now realize, that any no-talent hack, who couldn't sell a script to save his life, just has to put someyhing offensive in and wait for the Christians to become outraged. I think the Christians are tired of helping some talentless dirtbag sell a few more tickets/paintings/books. Because everyone knows if you have no actual talent, just offend someone!!

16. In Your Corner

I don't have all the answers, but you need to start with step A before you move to step B.

It's tough to solve a problem without defining it, or even acknowledging it's existence.

17. Robert

I acknowledge the extremist's violence has in effect hijacked an established religion. And that it's not only futile but insanely stupid to demonize the beliefs of 1.5 billion people.

Do you think my definition is reasonable?

18. In Your Corner

No, not in the least.

I think that it's not only futile but insanely stupid to ignore the fact that the 1.5 billion people have no quarrel with the terrorists or their representation of their religion. Nor do they feel any need to reign in the terrorists because they are performing a function that "moderate" Muslims desire. They present a threat to the enemies of Islam (which is anyone who is non-Muslim, or any Muslim who does not believe that).

Historically, the "religion of peace" was founded on war and revenge, and not only advocates but demands the conversion or death of all non-believers. It's tenets are incredibly racist, sexist and intolerant. Most of the problem areas and violence in today's world involve Muslims.
    Your defense of such people is difficult to understand.
    For example, you advocate for gays constantly here while I often argue against the gay political agenda, but the Muslims you so admire are extremely intolerant of the existence of gays.

19. Robert

I would never think of holding a Christian responsible for what the KKK or Timothy McVeigh did. Why should Muslims feel responsible for extremist actions and how exactly should they "rein" in terrorists? How do you know what "moderate" Muslims want? Have you ever spoken to one?

This is just being upset about the denounciation thing isn't it?

It isn't hard to make an argument that Christianity started in war and revenge, that is was racist, sexist and intolerant. What religion wasn't? How many did Muslims kill in 2005 vs how many did Christians kill in 2005? Christians are better because when they kill it isn't in the name of their religion??

You start with a weasel word ("most"), then ignore the majority of Muslims who live in peace and finally skip past all of the conflicts that don't involve Muslims at all. Go back and look at the map of the world Papa posted: It was meant to be humourous.

No shit that the extremist violence is a problem. But Islam is not evil. Which is good because no one can ban it and it won't go away.

20. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Exactly :up: