1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Islam has no sense of humor - OUTRAGE over cartoon....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by MarkB, Feb 1, 2006.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

2. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

But not the BBC?

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I wonder what Pat Robertson would say of cartoons of Jesus drawn in a similar manner/

But if you print things that insult people you might expect a boycott, not that I agree with all the other crap, or any of it for that matter.

4. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

He'd say Jesus would kung-fu your ass.

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

All right. I admit I thought it was real for a minute, but when I got here:

The new, clean-cut Jesus still has his disciples; however they have changed significantly from traditional representations. Peter is a wise talking African-American with baggy clothing and incredible skill with knives and inoffensive gospel rap. “Peter’s the obligatory black sidekick,” says Elson. “He’s street smart and talks the jive, but can still be holy and respectful of his betters as a black man should, and he’s very prepared to kick heathen butt
    when it’s needed.”

. . . i figured it was too much even for Pat Robertson's crew.

6. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The Vatican was none too pleased at Pope on a Rope soap. They didn't make any threats I remember though.

7. Andres Serrano received thousands of death threats from Christians.

8. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Constant outrage is "du rigeur" for any serious Muslim.
    Besides, God clearly has no sense on humor. Why should any of his followers.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Quite the contrary, there's you and the duck billed platypus.

10. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Cartoons of Pat Robertson should be no problem though. But wait, I forgot about the trouble Larry Flynt got into over Falwell...

:D

11. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

How about Father Guido Sarducci and his 'Find the pope in the pizza' contest?

:D

12. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

:stupid: :clap: :beer: :bow: :up:

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

We need to see the cartoon..... ???

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

god bless larry flynt. :D

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

there's a moderate kablooooong there. :beer:

16. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

They are pretty tame, you can see them here

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that chick rulZ.

'"I take no pleasure in saying it. It pains me to think it. I could very well lose my job in talk radio over admitting it. But it is the plain truth:
    Islam is a terror organization.

For years, I've been trying to give the world's Muslim community the benefit of the doubt, along with the benefit of my typical-American's complete disinterest in their faith. Before 9/11, I knew nothing about Islam except the greeting "asalaam alaikum," taught to me by a Pakistani friend in Chicago.

Immediately after 9/11, I nodded in ignorant agreement as President Bush assured me that "Islam is a religion of peace."

But nearly four years later, nobody can defend that statement. And I mean "nobody."

Certainly not the group of "moderate" Muslim clerics and imams who gathered in London last week to issue a statement on terrorism and their faith. When asked the question "Are suicide bombings always a violation of Islam," they could not answer "Yes. Always." Instead, these "moderate British Muslims" had to answer "It depends."

Precisely what it depends on, news reports did not say. Sadly, given our new knowledge of Islam from the past four years, it probably depends on whether or not you're killing Jews."

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

"Another fact about the state of Islam is that a majority of Muslims in countries like Jordan continue to believe that suicide bombings are legitimate. Still another is the poll reported by a left-leaning British paper than only 73 percent of British Muslims would tell police if they knew about a planned terrorist attack.

The other 27 percent? They are a part of modern Islam, too.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations is outraged that I would dare to connect the worldwide epidemic of terrorism with Islam. They put it down to bigotry, asserting that a lifetime of disinterest in Islam has suddenly become blind hatred. They couldn't be more wrong.

Not to be mean to the folks at CAIR, but I don't: Care, that is. I simply don't care about Islam, its theology, its history — I have no interest in it at all. All I care about is not getting blown to smithereens when I board a bus or ride a plane. I care about living in a world where terrorism and murder/suicide bombings are rejected by all.

And the reason Islam has itself become a terrorist organization is that it cannot address its own role in this violence. It cannot cast out the murderers from its members. I know it can't, because "moderate" Muslim imams keep telling me they can't. "We have no control over these radical young men," one London imam moaned to the local papers.

Can't kick 'em out of your faith? Can't excommunicate them? Apparently Islam does not allow it..."

19. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

20. tcasby

tcasby Banned

I think all religion is dumb superstition and Islam the dumbest of all, but does the world really need another few million pissed off Muslims right now? We are trying to win the hearts and minds if the Islamic world remember?

Also keep in mind Islam is the fastest growing religion in the US, the EU, and the world. Every bit of outrage we sow today we will have to reap twice tomorrow.