1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a "perfect" time to buy a new car?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Dec 14, 2016.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm surprised you aren't sponsoring a motorcycle roadracer.

:D

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I feel like I gotta buy something from Kris now.... Ha ha. 1 dealership got put on the crap list after some dumb comment.... I usually wear work blue jeans, work boots, and a welding shirt with holes in it. Angel was test driving something.... I looked across the parking lot and saw a nice used Suburban or something like that. I said to the salesman "Hey, that's a good looking Suburban, how much is it?" The guy said "Oh, those things are high...."..... Ba ha ha. When Angel returned from her test drive I simply said "Get in the truck, we are leaving."

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yelp is a two bit extortionist masquerading as a public service website. Complete scam.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Don't know anyone worth sponsoring. :D

ekraft84 and Cam Morehead like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've gone to the dealership looking like I couldn't afford an oil change and prefer it that way. Used to be you were left alone when you did because they thought you were not worth talking to. Lately they seem to have caught on. Dress like a bum and they bother you more than the idiots in there all zoot suited up because they are trying to sell themselves to the dealership. lol!

Cam Morehead likes this.
  6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

The girl that called me from Yelp once told me....Kris, you aren't advertising with us and I see you have a XX rating, Why not?. I said I don't like how the reviews work and why people use your site for the reviews. She said, well you should be proud, as you have a fairly high rating and people like you in your business typically are much lower. Is that right Ms. Cunt? Buh-bye

Cam Morehead likes this.
  7. Cam Morehead

So are you saying now I need to put on a suit and park right in front to shop.... Cause I usually park in the service dept parking and just kind of wander on to the lot..... Unless I have made the deal prior to meeting anyone.... I prefer to plan way ahead and make a deal before I ever leave the house. Sometimes you just see something worth looking at and have to stop....

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm saying don't get dressed up and hide your car.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'm wearing an orange banana hammock and loafers with black socks.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me. I was truck shopping in Poughkeepsie, NY because the dealers are all pretty close together. I stopped in the Dodge dealer and told the guy that I had 3 requirements: bucket seats in the front, crew cab, and I wanted a moonroof. He told me they only had a Laramie, which was probably a little higher than I wanted to spend. In those 5 seconds I took, trying to understand how he came to my budget in his own head, he also didn't offer a test drive of anything else. I left and never went back.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  11. Cam Morehead

SMH.....

12. I have a customer with 23 offices. Yelp automatically crawls and indexes the locations (often with the wrong info) then contacts the corporate office and tells them the Yelp pages have the wrong info and it's bad for their business because they are getting clicks.

The kicker? If you want to update them and you have > 10 locations you have to buy into their Premier Cashmere program or something.

Is there a Yelp to review Yelp?