1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a "perfect" time to buy a new car?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Just curious. I have been told for my entire life the "end of the year" is the time to buy a new car. Can you weigh in if you sale cars for a living? @Kris87 will likely be at the top of the list for the vehicle we have in mind.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It depends on the brand and model really. I'd agree with the year end on pick ups (there's some crazy deals being advertised on the tv right now). Lexus is also on the TV about every 15 minutes throwing out ads for some very good deals.

Some brands you can get a better deal in August/ September when the next model year roll out.

I don't sell them but I'm a professional tire kicker and can make salesmen and dealership managers have nervous breakdowns and quit. :D

3. Cam Morehead

Ford Mustang GT Premium Performance Package 6 speed. Salesman hate me..... Lots of reasons.....

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry man, I know nothing about mustangs or pricing on them.

BigBird and Cam Morehead like this.
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

EOM and EOY. Defenitely last week of December for pickup trucks and SUV's.

XFBO likes this.
  6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Hell, I love you like a brother and I still wouldn't want to sell you anything...

Cam Morehead likes this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

everything I read says the performance package isn't worth it. Save the $2500 and just buy better rubber when the originals wear out.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Planning on taking out some innocent civilians with that ill handling pile?

9. Robby-Bobby

"Premium Performance Package"

Ford managed to lump 3 oxymorons together in one car title.

That's impressive!

10. Cam Morehead

Love you too..... and Nope. You know me well.....

11. Cam Morehead

We want the 373 rear end, staggered black 19s, AC seats, spoiler, etc.

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Dec. 31st :D

Cam Morehead likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i just picked up a loaded up used F150 with the 3.5L ecoboost, it was tough to not go new with over $10k off the 2016's or some leftover 2017's. But i wanted all the cool bits, and that truck would have been $50k even after rebates.. and cheaper but new woulda been nice, but it would not have been the truck i "wanted" (i didn't need a sunroof, leather, interior lighting that i can change, but i wanted it)

Cam Morehead likes this.
  14. Cam Morehead

Yeah, if I get her a car, it will have to match all categories.... Like Stumpy said, I am just a tiny bit anal, and OCD..... :D
    Leather, sun roof, heated seats, ac seats, 6 speed, GT, spoiler, 373 RE

15. Key to buying a new car are a few things. Model year lifecycle, days on hand inventory and timing of the fiscal year of the oem.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yup. Lexus would always try to hit pump their volume numbers RIGHT at the end of the year for that last bit of boosting. last week of the year is the best time. volume numbers dictate their next year's inventory allotment and preference from the parent company distribution. and i dunno about for their new cars, but for used... anything on the lot more than 90 days starts costing them money (inventory sitting + insurance). but taking cars to the auction that aren't moving also costs a bunch of money (transport + potential loss at auction). after 90 days, they're more inclined to move the car off their lot.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Spy shots of Cam test driving a couple color options.

IMG_2479.JPG IMG_2480.JPG

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Snag that bitch up and head to Mustang week in Myrtle Beach next year. Been to it several years. Big redneck fun to be had!

Cam Morehead likes this.
  19. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

3 trips to the ford dealer I couldn't get below 54k out the door for a 2016 lariat sport. It had a lot of options but it was the equivalent to my 2013 fx4. Enjoy the ecoboost, I loved that engine but I got the best deal on a ram 1500 sport.

Went to ford, Chevy, and ram dealer last day of November it didn't seem to matter. I had to play serious hardball with all the dealers to negotiate a price it was ridiculous.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I read somewhere, I think facebook, there is a dealer out east that is offering new GT's with the Roush stage 2 supercharger for $39,995, and you get over 700HP with that setup.

If I were in the position to buy a new car today, I would have to check that package out. Evidently that is cheaper than the sticker on the Stang and the price you would pay Roush for just the parts. Dealer is hoping to blow a bunch of them out.

EDIT** Just googled and found this, will have to go read it now. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...d-new-727-hp-supercharged-mustangs-for-40000/

Cam Morehead likes this.