1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is mm93 ever coming back?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 23, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Why do I get the feeling the truth isn't out about his injury? Or are they honestly just writing off 2020? Most of a year is a long time to be off a bike.

MELK-MAN and vizsladog like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dipshit wouldn't let his arm heal and then tried doing stupid shit. Honda and the clowns at Repsol Honda <cough cough, Puig> let him (maybe encouraged him).

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

The season did not begin until July, so shorter timeframe than a normal one.

But the lack of updates coming out of the MM93 camp is interesting.

But it also wouldn't surprise me that he wins every round next year.

BigBird and ShadowBoxer like this.
  4. notbostrom

Agree but the silence is deafening

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i mean. they don’t have to write off 2020... season is over.

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The silence was deafening when he had each shoulder surgery though. Then they showed a documentary of that kid just killing it in the gym every day. He’s silent like a ninja.

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong, because I would hate to see his career cut short because of that injury. But when they showed MM93 and the family cheering on Alex Marquez to one of his podiums, he was not moving that arm much, and it didn't look natural when he was moving it.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. notbostrom

Even the media is quiet..

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The issue is that if he had rehabbed it and just waited a few weeks the damage wouldn't have been aggravated and he most likely would have been back before the close of the season.

It's almost criminal the levels of stupidity and collusion to commit stupidity with the kid. He's guilty as everyone else, more so but there was so many others guilty in what happened. If he never comes back and I was Llyod's I'd fight any claim to the end.

Scotty87, vizsladog and lopitt85 like this.
  11. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Dang patio doors

Rising Sun and Phl218 like this.
  12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Apparently the doc that did the first repair didn’t do a great job. That was alluded to in a podcast. No idea how accurate that is.
    I predict he’ll be back. Underestimating him is not a winning play. Just may not be by start of ‘21 season.

13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Last I heard the wound wasnt healing and he was going to have to do surgery again. Im sure its pretty f&cked up but I do think he will be able to race next season.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes you have to save athletes from themselves. It's pretty crazy that no one in the chain from the doc, to the mgmt at Honda, said "ah, no, you're not racing a week later".

15. He has to have surgery again, which means rehab will start over. I believe the current timeline has him coming back at about the 3rd or 4th round of next season, assuming all goes well.

I don’t wish him bad as far as a dude, but as far as racing goes, it wouldn’t bother me if he never comes back.

Rising Sun, Rebel635, 969 and 7 others like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I have mixed feelings. It's a cliche for a reason: If you want to BE the man, you gotta BEAT the man. The only person that can beat MM93 is MM93 himself.

Even Mir would have to admit, that trophy would feel a helluva lot heavier if he'd won it against ALL of the best riders in the world.

That said, this season was hella entertaining without one guy stinkin' it up.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If he wouldn't have pushed it to get back, he would have won the championship IMO.
    Now I'm not sure he'll ever win another

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If he does come back, he really might not be the same. He could dominate again, or he might be different enough mentally, physically or both to not ride like the old Marc. Maybe he will realize that you can’t crash all the time and get away with it and will adjust accordingly. Time will tell.

vizsladog likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm not a MM fan, but I'd be pretty pissed if that was it. He got away with breaking the law of gravity for far too long and must pay for his crimes, but I really hope it's not a life sentence. What a shitty way to go out for a guy like that. I hope for a full recovery, but no news isn't always good news....:(

busa99, wsmc 589, turbulence and 8 others like this.
  20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Umm, He did. Wasn't Mir's fault that one of the best took himself out at the first round.

stk0308, Robin172 and Phl218 like this.