1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true? $175,000 Payout for Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

So your saying AGAIN!!! Disalvo changed his own motor during the 200?
    Its not that easy sir.There are teams involved in this event,and I highly doubt Jason,with or with out his fathers money was capable of changing his own motor during the 200.YOU MAKE all of this sound so easy,when its A VERY DIFFICULT RACE for most teams.
    I respect your opinion,and have no magazine pals to support me,but please!! For fuggs sake do not underestimate this race.
    Do you ride the road type motororized cycle,or just dirt?

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

geezus... i have no words.

yawwwwwn... good original topic though ..

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

JJJerry and Gorilla George like this.
  4. MELK-MAN

ah.. Toofpick and i were debating the wrong race (where Disalvo won after his motor was changed during a red flag). I clearly wasn't implying "Disalvo changed his own motor"..

I mucked it all up when i quoted Broome's post, where he said (correctly) that Disalvo didn't win . Problem for me was I didn't realize he was replying to Gino's earlier post, where Gino said Disalvo won on a Triumph. I thought this somehow was a reply to a comment regarding Disalvo winning on the Latus bike when they did the motor swap.. Thanks for sorting me out. ;)
    CARRY ON :)

Gorilla George and PMooney Jr. like this.
  5. MELK-MAN

I actually blame Jason D.. he shouldn't have done so well so often in this historic event..

6. caferace

caferace No.

You call that a debate?? :crackup:

-jim

7. MELK-MAN

cup half full :)

8. Thinking someone who races motorcycles implied that a guy changed his own motor during the D200 after say 1990 is f ing stupid. I could however see some people back in the day giving it a try :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. MELK-MAN

i really had no idea my post about "Disalvo winning after he changed his motor..." would be interpreted that way.. but hey, whatever :)

11. MELK-MAN

Benny Solis just announced on his FB page he's in ! field is getting more stacked.

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Geez go out for a little pedal and see what you miss?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. I never took him to mean that Jason actually changed the motor himself. If you knew JD personally, you would know how extremely funny even the thought of that is. The closest he has came to doing anything like that was when he removed a rear wheel a few years ago at one of our schools. It was the first (and likely) only time he has done anything mechanical, and he only did it just so he could say he did. He even showed off his dirty hands. :D

Please give respect where it is due. I know Melka sometimes sucks at reading comprehension and doesn't always give the best impression online, but make no mistake, he is one of the fastest club racers in the Nation. There aren't many active people on this forum that could hang with him for even a single lap. Sometimes it is fun to mess with his forum deficiencies, but discrediting him as a rider is silly.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Is there an entry list somewhere? I couldnt find one on the website.

16. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

He speaks the truth!

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Accept it. You dunno squat about Daytona. I mean have you even BEEN THERE bro?

MELK-MAN and ahastings like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude, chill. No one would ever think Jason changed his own motor mid-200. So don't try and act like that's what was said.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been to the Deck does that count? :D

Steeltoe and omatter34 like this.
  20. MELK-MAN

my bad.. sorry. I was stuck on my comment early on in reply to Toofpick about "strange things happen, like Disalvo changing his motor and winning".. I saw Gino's comment about him, but totally missed "Triumph"

i dream about that place on a regular basis.. does that count?? :)

LOL.. i literally typed that reply the first time, then changed it.. i blame that on yuengling.