1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IoMTT, Isle of Man | 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 14, 2015.

1. caferace

caferace No.

You made me call Whitham, Carlton. :D

James had some high praise. Although I did chuckle at the phrase, "fairy tale".

-jim

2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

He seems like the nicest guy in the world based on his interviews. I'm pumped to see him winning again. Was sad to see him struggle with his leg for several years now. He's definitely back on form now!

3. caferace

caferace No.

4. caferace

caferace No.

Spoke too soon, p'raps. The live timing app hiccuped. Still. Quick.

-jim

5. joec

joec brace yourself

Brandon 121.7 !! Braaappp!

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's beyond comprehension.

Did Brandon get his 120 yet?

7. Jedb

Fabulous!

8. caferace

caferace No.

Hillier at 206.8mph down Sulby on a Kawi H2. On a fricken "parade lap". :crackup:

That rocks.

-jim

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Tom Sykes lol. This is great background at work.

10. caferace

caferace No.

"I didn't want to take my hand off the bar because I would have shit myself." :crackup:

-jim

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hutchy's superstock win crushed the record. This with a rear tire change and the bike was cutting out on the last lap. He almost ran out of fuel. That's why he ran it up on the curb. The thing died at full lean. Yeezus

12. Jedb

At least he's honest.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Plenty of berm in that shot, he was good to go :D

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

So how come these guys never have major tire issues? Seems cant go more than 3 MotoGP races or ... every Daytona race without some major issue. I would think streets would be harder on tires than race tracks.

15. Jedb

I can't think of many corners that the IOM guys take where they have such a substantial lean angle as the GP guys. Brandish is one, I'm sure Jim or Brandon or Tohpyr can chime in.

Strictly as an observation, it comes down to them not being on the edge of the tire as long or as often.

Go watch Guy Martin's narrated lap. How many times does it appear that he touches knee in that 18 minutes?

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Maybe not lean angle, but they do flatten them in many places due to either landing a jump/crest, or g-forces at the bottom of a couple high speed hills. That can't be good for the tire.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still not as big a deal as constant spinning or side forces of cornering.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

19. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

So what happened to MD in the Superbike race? I heard him explain it yet still have no idea wtf went down.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was he the one who hit the crashed bike?