1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IoMTT, Isle of Man | 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 14, 2015.

1. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

It's funny, I've heard a lot of people saying "John McGuinness is past his prime" this and that...

Yes, perhaps his race winning days are behind him...

But guys, he still holds the OUTRIGHT 6 lap RACE RECORD by 9 seconds

Food for thought.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That fact that the difference between 1st and 2nd over the course of 223 miles (6laps x 37miles ) is that close is beyond baffling.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It seems like across the last 1/2 dozen years or so the speeds have not increased all that much (granted it's over the course of such a long circuit there are so many nuances involved). I wonder when we'll see the next significant leap in speeds/times.

Another thing I was wondering was how digital (i.e. TC, wheelie, launch, slide etc etc controls) are the Superbikes these days for the top tier guys?

4. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there's an upper limit in terms of average speed. You can't ride on the ragged edge if you want to live. They'll probably need to find more top end if they want to have a faster lap vs trying to increase corner speed.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You should ask Hutchy about that :

[​IMG]

6. 418

418 Expert #59

You guys need to see James Hillier podium interview on Sunday. The guy was weeping while saying "you shouldn't have to ride this hard to win one of these things", he was emotionally wrecked from having to ride at that concentration level for that long. Shell shocked.

I think they're pushing a lot harder then most give them credit for. Saw McPint and M. Dunlop laying darkies out of corners multiple times.

7. caferace

caferace No.

Dunno if you guys saw it. Brandon has been chasing a 120mph avg laptime this year hard. Today? 119.999 mph.

I kinda laughed. Tuck a bit more. You can do it dude. :)

-jim

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Most of the speed changes come from the changes to the roads, more so than more modern bikes. John McG has told me that one corner alone ( Prior to Hillberry) has given the riders 8 seconds a lap alone since 2003

9. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

I think this mumbling bloke is just making shit up at this point to sound cool:Poke:

:D
    :beer:

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

:up: Bugger, you have sprung me:clap:

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is what Brits say when they get an erection yes? Or was that Sir Mix A lot? :confused:

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Brandish they changed so drastically just a few years ago? Flattened it out, and made it less of a tight bend. That made a huge difference I'll bet.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw that. Yeah McPint had some big slides. Respect to Hillier BUT that's the TT. It breaks man and machine. I ain't gonna do it.
    On the other hand there have been more crashes this year from people I wouldn't expect. Dunno if it's a tire issue or the new pavement in places.

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

20-000 POUNDS + BONUSES ( SBK SNR) for 2 hours of work basically, you push your arse out for that man. We are all only alive for a short time.

15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Im sure theres a few that would push it just as hard even if there was zero monetary reward.

Ive watched the vid with Martin chasing Dunlop at least 10x now.. and can honestly say Id give anything to do that! not that I could do "THAT" but just go for it the best I could.

what could be better than that? it makes motoGP look like theyre racing on a gokart track..

sincere congrats to ALL who have!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If ya REALLY want to do it there are a few people on here who have. They can help steer you in the right direction.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup. the Hillier interview kind of puts into perspective how hard they are pushing at the pointy end around the 37 miles.

18. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

Insane video. The level of concentration and memory for every and each corner is just mind blowing

https://youtu.be/OmNXCJt7K3Q

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hat trick for Hutchy. Stunned. That dude is phenomenal.

20. caferace

caferace No.

Outstanding. :bow:

-jim