1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inversion tables

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Oct 14, 2020.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I picked up a top of the line Teeter (LX9) for half of new, and basically brand new, off of Marketplace. There are tons of tables out there for sale, mostly good to new condition. So just be patient and you'll find what you are looking for, for a good price. One feature I would look for on any table you get, is one that has a long bar that locks your feet in. If you are in any pain, you don't want to have to be reaching all the way down to your feet to lock or unlock yourself.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Mine worked wonders and I only use it a few times a month for a few minutes but it might be a few days in a row, then I'm good. I usually go full inversion, the hard part is fully relaxing my core to let everything decompress. I can feel where my hands touch change as my body really lengthens during a tip.

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

I have a disc (somewhere in the "L's") that flares up every once in a while from a gnarly atv crash nearly a decade ago. I bought a teeter out of desperation after the incident and it was a huge help. I still have it, its really solid and like-new. It takes a bit to get used to but it really helped me.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

DAN ! If I can give you a suggestion in respect to you shedding the excess weight, if you don't mind.

1. If you just want to loose weight, then change your eating habits. If you spend money in gyms or home equipement and don't loose those bad eating habits, then its almost a lost cause. I say almost, cause you can make it happen, while not changing your eating habits, but you'll have to train much harder then you might think... food for thought (pund untended :p )

2. If you are really dedicated in loosing some weight and getting back on the steel horse, then I suggest checking out 10min workouts on YouieTubie. No equipement needed, so minimul investment. If you see you are getting more seriouys about it, then you can always spend some dough on it. I think you know what I do for training (muay thai, etc...) and I still use those little 10min workouts, just so I don't need to think about training myself and it changes the beat. You shouldn't always do the same exercices or your body won't change.

Concerning your invertion table, hopefully it comes with the lower back curve. You can adjust it to your middle back to release it a bit more. You feel it more on the lower back then the middle or upper but it should help.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    BigBird likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Thanks, it's appreciated, and noted. I have adjusted my eating habits quite a bit the last year or so. Almost zero fast food anymore aside from a burger every few weeks, but still too many chip bag dinners when I get home late from work. I also have to work on reducing quantity as my next big hurdle. I've noticed about 10-15lbs come off and that's about it, but a big part of the problem is that I just don't DO anything anymore. I used to play hockey, used to play baseball, used to play lots of sports and DO lots of calorie burning activities, but now I just sit at a desk all day with occasional days on the floor running machines. That's good combined with better eating habits for maintaining the weight, but not really good for getting rid of whats accumulated. I just simply need to bust ass to burn it off.

I'll check out the youtube for some ideas you mentioned on some cheaper alternatives, but still plan on at least getting a rower. Back when I used to frequent the gym (too many years ago...), that was always my favourite piece of equipment. Bike being 2nd, and treadmill/eliptical being dead last lol. I was going to join the Y after new years so I could use the pool and swim, but then Covid happened..... I need to burn some weight off with some low impact stuff first or I'm just going to blow up my knees and ankles. I'm 265 now and my goal is to shed 30-40lbs by the spring. Would love to get back down to ~200 like I was 8 years ago, but I'm being realistic for now. I lost 40lbs to get down to that 200 about 9 years ago, primarily through better eating, so I know that's the foundation for the whole plan to be successful. I'll get there.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

same issue here. Being active before, many sports, loved basketball, bowling, golf, softball and cycling, and well motorcycling, but can't do anything even do walks with these hips and back. so i'm just one big moving couch potato. It's pretty depressing.

7. Dan Dubeau

I got back into golf this year after a long hiatus, and can't even walk a damn course anymore without turning into a winded wheezebag by 9 holes. My hips, back, and knees were wrecked. I'd like to get back down to a lower single digit handicap by next year, and be able to walk a course again (always played better walking vs cart polo). My swing returned, and is honestly better than it ever was, but the rest of it.....lol. You know you're out of shape, when you're too out of shape for golf.....

BigBird likes this.
  8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I know this sounds cliche, but to build off @KneeDragger_c69 comments, substitute exercise for eating. It sounds funny, but I found that if I'm busy I don't "boredom eat" and I can plan my meals. But if I'm bored or stressed, then it's game over. Yes you should get some "movement" equipment, but make sure that instead of eating you are exercising. Move the legs and arms not the jaws. When I "run for breakfast" I feel better all day.

Also, try exercising on a fast (first thing in the morning), that helps keep your body in that fasting zone longer and keeps burning your stored energy. Plus it helps you manage any insulin triggers if you are in that population. You won't have your best performance, but I found that exercise first thing helps me stay sharper all day.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

That my plan. Idle hands eat chips..... If I had a rower or bike I'd get up early and hit that for 20-30-45 minutes every morning before work. Then again before bed.

I need to finish some basement reno stuff before I get anything though. No room down there right now, shits everywhere lol

KneeDragger_c69 and pscook like this.
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Guys, I know it sounds lame, but PLEASE try yoga. "Try" means commit to three months. It's pretty easy in terms of intensity, and there is zero potential for injuries and almost no recovery time.

The ex-wrestler Diamond Dallas Page started DDP Yoga and it's amazing if you want to get the benefits without all the Om and Namaste bullshit. It's all online and programmed for ability.

I'm borderline evangelical about yoga because I've seen several people get their mobility and quality of life back just from making it a priority. It's life changing.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    BigBird likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Funny you mentioned that. I bought a beginner yoga DVD last winter (shhh, don't tell anyone) as I'd heard it's benefits from some unlikely sources close to me, but just haven't got into it yet.

JBraun likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sounds like a plan. Wanted to look into it further, but wanted to avoid the next great Yoga thing, like goat yoga. In PT, they have introduced some Yoga poses, so definitely will look into it. Also heard Pilates from others.

JBraun likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Wow, what a game changer. I seriously feel about an inch taller. I was going to measure before and after because I was curious, but got too excited to try it. I started at 30*, then quickly went up to 45* for about 5 min. Then tried 60, but the ankle straps got pretty uncomfortable so went back to 45 for another 5 minutes. Incredible is all I've got to say. Still a bit of lingering pain around t5-7 like normal, but way less than before. I don't trust the build quality to go full inversion yet lol. The foot hold is pretty cheesy too, but it works. I'll use this for a few months, and if it continues to work I may upgrade.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's a little-known fact that bats never have back trouble because they sleep hanging upside down.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I don't know how yours is on the ankles but mine is quite nice and snug with padding. BTW mine is a Teeter (or something like that)

Glad to see you're happy with your purchase ;)

16. Dan Dubeau

It's pretty basic. Round foam rollers for behind the heels, and some molded urethane supports for the front. You just "hook" your feet in. They do the job, but you certainly get what you pay for. At more than 45* they became pretty uncomfortable pretty quickly. The full ankle strap style like I think the teeters have would be much more secure.

I'm already looking forward to it again when I get home tonight. :)

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  17. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Just bought a used Innova ITX9900 off of offer Up.

I am three days in @ 35* for about 5-8 minutes each. Have to stop when I start to feel nauseous. I can feel the stretch and my low back is not in as much pain. Hoping it continues this way.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I say a prayer every time I go on it.

I quickly went to 45 also. I don't think i've felt the game changer, but i do feel my intestines moving. makes bats seem more amazing.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

@Dan Dubeau try to swap the foam pads from the back to the front and put the ankle restraints on the back. I just tried it, and it works much better.

20. Dan Dubeau

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I get home

BigBird likes this.