1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inversion tables

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Oct 14, 2020.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Anybody with herniated discs in the spine get relief when using one?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I actually had the boots way back. It did help.

Just get one with a lumbar curve. I actually hung upside down for so long I began taking the curve out of my spine.

3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

No, but think it’s be funny as hell to get leadskull all drunk and high, lock his feet in and flip him upside down. Prolly be entertaining as hell.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Get one that holds you by the hips and not the ankles. Knee ligaments aren’t meant to hold in that position.

Killswitch and SpeedyE like this.
  5. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I’ve had mine for over 20 years now. I was diagnosed as degenerative disks, I believe. 2 surgeons 2 different diagnoses but both wanted to operate. Got the table and never looked back. 10 minutes in the morning and I’m good. I’ve done it for so long that I think my back has stabilized. Best $200 I ever spent. As an old mechanic said first try the things you can undo. Good luck

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

never heard that before... the length of therapy time isnt long. Ive been using one for years like Kyle and dont have any knee issues. 10-15 minutes a day to stretch and free hang.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I've been considering getting one, as I hurt my back about a month ago, went to the crack-toe-practor and the x-rays showed digenerative disk desease I think he called it.

My question is this, I have high blood pressure. Anytime I gety head below my heart and get up to fast, I get dizzy. So if I hang, can I control how fast I turn back upright?

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you dont have to go vertical. They have a limiting strap if you want to do staged inversion.

9. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

My dad was on the cusp of back surgery due to sciatica. I picked one up for him to try as a last ditch effort. That was about 10 years and no surgery ago. He said he wouldn't live without one. He also has high blood pressure, but, as mentioned earlier, he doesn't completely invert. And yes, you can control the speed of the ascent.

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Interesting replies in favor of it
    I was given one and never really noticed the difference so it sits unused for the most part

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Get the Blood Pressure under control. That’s also a priority.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I will as soon as you assholes stop pissing me off at every turn! :mad:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

That is easy. Don't log in here

stk0308 and pscook like this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I know. My blood pressure is my fault. Back when I was young, I use to make fun of bigger people, or people who eat alot. I use to say they wouldn't be so fat, or so big if they just stop eating.

Fast forward. 43 years of age now, and I find myself, bored eating, hungry eating, relax eating, angry eating, depressed eating, watching tv eating, stomach hurts, I eat more. Its absolutely lack of self control and it's addiction. I'm tall, so I hide the weight well, but I'm a bigger boy. If I could lose this weight, I would feel better all around. Would be off blood pressure meds, back wouldn't hurt as much etc etc.

Anyone ever deal with this, and gotten past it? If so, I'm all ears.

BigBird likes this.
  15. joec

joec brace yourself

I have one..I think half the reason I have a girlfriend is because of it.. it would be a toss up for her as to if the phone of the inversion table would hurt more losing at this point. She comes over just to use it sometimes.. lol. I've used it just curious. I just happened into it. So...

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You need to think this request through very carefully. If you were not a curmudgeon, what would you be?

pickled egg likes this.
  17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You can mimic a decompression table by putting a pillow on the edge of a counter top and holding your upper body on the counter, while your legs and hips hang.

i messed up my back really well 2 years ago, and my friend who is a chiro recommended that before i paid for anything. He didn’t say anything about an inversion table.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Buy one.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s even worse! If I don’t log in I see the posts of all the assholes that I put on ignore! :crackup:

badmoon692008 and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A ballerina?