1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior paint - school me

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, May 3, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

FWIW, I painted Behr in my house in 93 and it cracked. Prepped it how they told me, so I called up customer service. They told me to hire someone and they paid them to come out with new paint and repaint it at no charge to me. I was impressed with that level of service.

I've since repainted my warehouse inside walls in 2013 with their industrial semi-gloss and gloss and it hasn't had any issues?

2. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Earlier this year I got well over a dozen different color samples for my kitchen cabinets. That is one job I certainly want the color to be right as I sure as f$&k am not going to do it twice.

Every single one I got from Lowes and every single one was spot on to the color fan deck I have from SW. At least within my range of perception. The final paint I got from SW was spot on to the sample as well. (Emerald urethane btw, which is my personal #1 paint)

SW owns Valspar, they purchased them last summer. Just about every bit if paint in Lowes is manufactured by SW or one of its subsidiaries including Krylon, Minwax, and quite a few more. Rest assured the color will be right.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’m pretty sure I used flat for the ceiling. In the past, I tried the paint that’s pink when you put it on, but it dries white. I think it was Glidden. If I recall, it was pretty decent. But that was over 10 years or so ago.

4. This. Flat is great when it’s clean but keeping it clean, especially if you have kids is next to impossible.

5. I use SW paint, even when someone else is painting my house I specify they use it. Why? I’ve never had an issue with it and my local SW hooks me up with contractor pricing (if I buy paint myself). I’ll paint a single room but anything more I’m hiring it out. I hate painting. Hate it.

6. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

What about paint sprayers? Are they worth renting or should i just get out the roller? The area I'm painting is a remodeled section of finished basement approx 1000 sf but i don't know the actual wall area.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Even with an airless sprayer you will have overspray. I would roll it.

8. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I can handle some overspray. There isn't any flooring yet. If I went the sprayer route I would spray the primer, spray the ceiling paint, but roll the walls.