1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy 500

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, May 28, 2017.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I thought it was in very bad taste for that crew member to wave that Japanese flag on Memorial Day weekend.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah Sato had a Japanese flag with him on the victory ride in the back of the 'vert. I thought it was kinda tasteless not to have a the American flag waving as well.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Really?

Is it tasteless when our riders/drivers run around with our flag? There was a big write-up about Nicki and how he got the flag when winning the championship in 06, no one thought that was tasteless.

The guy just won the biggest race in that championship, I would be flying my county flag too.

badmoon692008, Funkm05, DrA5 and 9 others like this.
  4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Greg White was announcing?

TLR67 likes this.
  5. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

To do it on this countries' holiday where we remember our war dead mostly from a war that they started, yeah I think is poor taste. Nicky had to much class to have done that.

418 likes this.
  6. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm taking this to close to Dungeon stuff here.

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Memorial Day is Monday, race was run and won on Sunday.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

So Scott Dixon was robbed at a Taco Bell drive through earlier in the week? Talk about a shitty week for him.

Keep it classy Indy.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This.... Get over it people... A great racer won a great race... If it was on Monday I could see the complaints... But on Sunday if you get the checkered flag you can waive any thing you want... hell even a Rainbow Flag who gives a Damn!

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Great
    American
    Race

It would been a nice gesture. Just sayin.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

People from all over the World have raced there since the whole track was Bricks... It's not always going to be an American.... If I am not mistaken he is the first person from Japan to win... He had every right to waive that flag...

Boman Forklift and lazlo like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I tried to get back into "open wheel" racing in the US today and I enjoyed it. . . except for the the 37 yellow flags and the commercial cut aways. I went back to watching college lacrosse reairs and law and order from the late 90s.

Alonso drew me back, the bullshit sent me back to watching games I had watched the day before. Shit, I still don't know or care who won.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Before we go any further.

I'm a foreigner. I've done my best to convert to a bonafide GA redneck but I'm still a ferigner through and through. And I still thought it was odd. The Japanese flag is alright but it would have been respectful if he represented the American flag as well.

As far as the already MotoGP comment, Sato is racing in a American race in a American series. Not a world wide series like MotoGP.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

cool, so a japanese driver won "the great american race" today? Good! Great! No, mother f@cking awesome! More Japanese money, attention and support in 2018.

Small minds think small, think bigger than your tiny dicks, people.

Imagine the money if Alonso had won?

stk0308 and lazlo like this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

You watch lacrosse.

Your opinion is invalid.

:D

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Anybody watching the Coca Cola 600?

Damn I might be a bigger redneck than I think I am. :D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lacrosse: I watch it and see how it went from a sport that was shown only via the net to live on ESPN 2 with talk about it going live to to the majors in prime.

Motorcycle road racing could learn something from what they are doing, eh? :)

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

Its like soccer with a baseball bat and a net on the end. And a wiffle ball. :D

I think any time you can have college teams, its gonna be a marketing win. Definitely seen a lot more of it on TV.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and Matt, I have yet to meet a Pole in the US or in Poland that isn't a mother f@ckin' 'merican redneck. Give any of them, from a 15 year boy to an 85 year old great grandmother the choice, without knowing a word of 'merican, tell them the bad guys are attacking the US and not one of them wouldn't walk willingly into the breach.

'merican rednecks just separated by 4000 miles. NASCAR, cheeseburgers and pierogis, mothertrucker!

TLR67 and 418 like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's what I was thinking. You're in the air, helpless including your bowels, just waiting for the impact or to see Jesus or SatanVishnu.