1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy 500

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, May 28, 2017.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'd like to see a ratings graph of the race, and how much it fell off (worldwide) when Alsonsos engine blew...

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don't see what one thing has to do with another. Having pride for your home country doesn't disrespect ours.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Holy fuck dude. Japan started WWII? Read a book.

badmoon692008 and TLR67 like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid:Not only this, but memorial day isn't just for WWII.

badmoon692008 and JBraun like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nicky waved the American in an international series. Is it common to wave the flag of another country in a national series? Or is Indy an international series (I gave up watching decades ago)

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

1. I think about 1/2 the competitors are not Americans.
    2. Some of the rounds are held outside the United States
    3. A F1 star came over to run it this year
    4. 10-15 Years ago Bernie Ecclestone was worried Indy Car was going to overtake F1 in popularity....obviously that isn't a concern any longer.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You fuckin idiots know Sato didn't kill anyone involved in WW2? He certainly didn't Kamikaze into anyone to win the race. Ohh my god the horror of carrying the flag of his birth country around after a victory. We should drop a big bomb on Andretti motorsports of something.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Flag? Hell, F1 played the German national anthem, in France yesterday!

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Dude you know you had that accomplished many moons ago..Lol...:beer:

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's always funny to hear the elitist F1 crowd whining about the Indy 500!! That's not racing! That's where washed up F1 drivers go! You should listen to all of Alonso's comments. He basically said "later to F1, I'm coming here to have some fun". 15 Cars flying by within 1 second fighting for the lead..pretty exciting.
    It was a fantastic race, huge crowd, awesome racing, 35 lead changes among 15 drivers! What more do you want?
    Honda wanted this race bad, and turned up the wick, it bit some teams, but they won the race. It was easy to see, the Honda's dominated all day.
    I say open wheel racing in the US is coming back. Every track has improving ticket sales, 400k yesterday. Nascar is suffering big time with ticket sales, so is F1.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Did the French surrender?

auminer likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Would you feel better if he would have waived the Canadian flag. :Poke:

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Damn. Manufactured outrage. Whatevs... :rolleyes:

15. I agree with this. I don't think they meant disrespect by waving the home country flag. Without international riders and drivers our Motorspors wouldn't be as successful. Yes it's Memorial Day weekend but he wasn't pissing on soldiers graves now was he? No one has an issue with our riders waving American flags overseas. Hell how many times has the photo of Nicky with the American flag been posted? Yes I know we didn't go to war there but Japan is also now a pretty good allie to the USA. People just bitch about everything. If anyone should be pissed it should be Alonso for coming over here and drawing a crowd just for Button to pee in his F1 car :)

pickled egg likes this.
  16. They allow beer bottles in Indy cars?

17. Do they know any other form of fighting?

18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You remember Colin Edwards waving a Japanese flag at the Suzuka Eight Hours? You guys are looking hard for a reason to be offended. :D

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Isn't that how it is supposed to be?