1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In case y'all wondered where the dungbeetles come from...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Feb 9, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The reasoning is the same. He didn't just suddenly realize that he's unhappy with the public school system. Sometimes, just because a choice exists doesn't mean it's accessible to you. That's the parallel I am drawing to those idiotic "just move"comments that pop up occasionally, and I was asking if you oppose those as well because they are usually met with approval in here.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Take the dog with you. :Poke:

kangasj likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure it's cheaper than daycare.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Still doesn't mean anyone can just put their kid in a private school. It's a hardship. Just like moving away from a house in a collapsing inner city neighborhood. When the violence and slumlords moving in have caused your property values to drop - you suddenly find yourself upside down on a loan and unable to get out.

You can't just snap your fingers and move houses or go to a vetted private school when you are not well off. I don't get why there is a dearth of people who can't see that.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A shit government indoctrinated, poorly taught education is the hardship. Teach you just enough to not ask questions and hope you aren't smart enough to find the answers on your own if you do.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup: Just what you need. Another dirty old man in your life...:D

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sorry Craig, you're too Canadian for her.

She digs on assholes. ;)

8. CausticYarn

It is the responsibility of the parents to teach their children to think critically, somehow we got off track with that and parents started feeling it was the job of the "village". The problem with the village is its mob rule - and the minority thinkers get eaten alive.

We now have at least two, possibly 3 generations of spoiled whiny brats, because parents stopped teaching alongside the schools. Most stopped even caring what was being taught to their kids - or maybe that's too harsh, maybe they just saw futility in intervening.

blkduc, speeddaddy and Orvis like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Or their kids got failing grades when the tyrant with the union card got challenged...

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So the answer is you are about to home school right? Public schools suck and private school is too expensive. That leaves you giving up the fireman gig to educate your children because you are right it is the parents responsibility.

11. CausticYarn

I never started questioning things while in high school - so all of the CPS visits were from us wandering the city barefoot. My dads nagging voice kicked in when I hit college. Despite our diverging view points, he still equipped me to question everything and do my own research.

12. CausticYarn

Nope. My answer is to override the indoctrination by equipping kids with the tools to think critically and examine all aspects of a problem - instead of blindly accepting the one answer they are given at school.

If they view school as one side of a debate, that is all they need. Even if they agree, they still know how to use their brain and examine the other side.

It is my hope that my hard work will pay off in that respect. They still need to be in a social setting or they will be more awkward than I am - that's pretty scary.

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The tuition at the high school I graduated from is $35K/year.

You clearly don't have kids in school :p

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Could I get a notarized letter stating I am not an asshole. There are quite a few people that disagree with you...

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

The boat is in the Abacos. You can sail and Dern and I will deplete the rum supply. :D When we sailed her down there my crew said the trip was like a Hunter S. Thompson novel....LOL

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

More signs that black America is waking up to the Democrat party's enslavement agenda:

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/...t-blasts-rahm-emanuel-during-msnbc-town-hall/

This young man is the voice of many who are frustrated, and looking for a better path forward for their community. I sure hope the Republicans are listening, this is your opportunity to defeat the party of tyranny once and for all. It won't be easy...it will take a lot of hard work, but if the people are truly ready to take responsibility and roll up their sleeves and work with you, then you can make their lives better.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is the media. They focus on the negative and it makes the scum seem more prevalent than they. Most people are decent hard working people that just want to be left alone.

speeddaddy and blkduc like this.
  18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Damn it that's $$$. Head south. I put my daughter through private school for a fraction of that. My son is public school, not my choice btw, his mom's, my ex...long story. Anyway, the public school he attends is about 60/40 w/60 being white and those kids get along pretty danged good for the most part. There is no social justice BS taught at all. They also have an advanced diploma program for kids who looking to apply to tougher programs in college.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, that has nothing to do with my response :crackup: I was just answering the question about daycare and private schools.