1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine that...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Nov 1, 2011.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, not anymore, that's for sure...:D

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Could we call it a "subtle insinuation" perhaps?:)

3. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Cite.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I clearly recall a science project we all had to do in elementary school where we had to come up with ways to warm up the world because of the looming ice age.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

At which point you jumped right to, firing up that chainsaw to start throwing down out some carbon emissions. :Poke:

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

And felling some trees and starting some fires, I'm still doing my part. :D

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Me? Subtle? Shirley you jest!

8. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

H8r, this is the smoking argument all over again. Empirically, it doesn't take a genius to understand the world can't sustain the pollution of 7 billion people. Once again those of us in the know will have to wait till the deniers have nothing left to deny. Yawn.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Saw in this morning's Fort Worth Star-Telegram that world-wide CO2 emissions increased 10% in 2010 over 2009. Worse than the WORST CASE scenarios of 7%.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Where at? In Fort Worth? :D

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Just passed 8 billion last week. :up:

12. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Do you realize that human CO2 emissions are extremely small compared to what the earth naturally emits? And furthermore the fluctuations in earths CO2 emissions dwarf any emissions produced by humans. Not to mention CO2 is not even the most abundant greenhouse gas. H8R you get a cookie if you can name it without looking it up.

Let's not forget recent studies that speculate that naturally emitted greenhouse gas increases could be a result of the increase in the earths temperature and not the cause.

13. chuckbear

Got any numbers to go with that? And I'm going with Methane.

14. povol

povol Well-Known Member

It was 7 billion i think, and according to scientist will start decreasing rapidly around 2030.

15. chuckbear

7 Billion. :moon:

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Incorrect! Cow farts aren't that prevalent!

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

A billion people died and it didn't even make the news. :(

Must not have been Bush's fault.

:D

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wait 'til they start decomposing and throwing off all those greenhouse gases! :Poke:

:D

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Shit, I didn't even think of that. Gore will go insane. :eek:

20. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Absolutely makes sense to continually work to reduce pollution. Totally on board with that, and we have come a very long way in that regard.

However, China outnumbers us by quite a bit and is very polluted. We can do all we want to curb local pollution and it won't make a difference globally if the rest of the world doesn't follow suit.

Either way, it's an entirely different matter to force airlines into a Cap and Trade carbon emmissions scheme that does not reduce emmissions by airlines, and may not reduce emmissions at all. And even if it did reduce carbon emmissions, we are still back to proving whether that would have an effect on global warming, or whether the forces of nature significantly outweigh any effect humans could have. Just check out the effects of a tsunami or solar flare for and example of the incomparable power of nature. Humans ain't got nothing on that.

However: "those of us in the know"? That is a true hallmark of a LWN and funnier than any smiley I can find, so I'll just go with lots of these.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011