1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinios proposes a Tesla Tax

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, May 11, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not to mention unnecessary in much of the country with a sane frost line.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What is this "frost" of which you speak?

ahrma_581 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't need to find anything, I've got too much time driving on roads. There are so many drastically different methods of construction and types of pavement for anyone to ever come up with a specific number like that. It's just not possible to measure. Then add in northern frozen roads versus southern roads with no freezing issues. Or high heat in the deserts. Too many variables.

Not sure how damage to badly made roads could be compared to damage to shitty roads so yeah, in a discussion of road damage I'd say construction matters.

Marid2apterbilt and ducnut like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Rumor has it that in certain climates the ground actually freezes and pushes rock out of the ground if it is too close to the surface. I have not personally witnessed such a phenomenon, but that's what they say.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's not a rumor! There are 736 witnesses to it happening just like you described! :mad:

TXFZ1 and auminer like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Government plants.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The foundation is not just for frost. It is required to stabilize the surface road and distribute the load to the underlying ground. Lack of an adequate foundation allows for increased flexing of the surface road and subsequent cracking of same. It ought to be obvious that a heavier load increases the bending on the road surface. It's a square function to boot. Come on any of you civil engineers out there....help a poor nukie out! :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, and it is also subgrade dependent. There is no one size fits all.

9. Motofun352

So what you guys are saying is that it is impossible to come up with a nominal number that describes the relative increase in road damage of an 18 wheeler as compared to a typical car? That's like saying helmets don't increase the survivabilty of a MC crash because there are many examples to the contrary. On the average, when taking a sufficiently large sample, you can reach a reasonable conclusion. True in every case? Of course not. That doesn't stop one from making decisions based on the results. Over and out. :moon:

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It may be possible to approach an approximation, but there are a boat load of variables you would have to account for. I'm OK with more than a car.

ducnut likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Mongo says that it isn't true, though. So there.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

Not to mention the disaster the city schools are. Plenty of money in the county though. But most of the people with money are sending thier kids to private schools.

ducnut likes this.
  13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is partly due to the commies that join teaching. More focused on indoctrination that teaching the 4 R's

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Actually, the problem is more in those that create the curriculum than the actual teachers. The teachers have a pretty tight lesson plans they have to stick to most public schools these days. Sure some of them are way out on the left wing, but even some of those that are not end up having to teach that way.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I work in the curriculum creation business. We, nor any company I know of, create SJW lessons.

Those appear to come from sources internal to the school district. Its people with titles like Diversity Director or Equity Director.

Your statement is absolutely true but I wanted to state that its not from private industry. We create shit that makes money, not SJW's and "victims"

:)

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My employer has those titles, including “Director of Inclusion”. No. You don’t have to have a grasp of the English language to be employed there. In fact, if one brings enough of their friends to fill positions, a liaison will be hired to accommodate the inadequacies. :confused:

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, it isn't the private companies, I am more talking about the State and National government folks, Teachers Union and people with the titles like you listed above that make sure the SJW stuff gets included in the teachers lesson plans.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lets be clear though. If we could generate revenue on SJW stuff, we would be doing it as well.

Its just not profitable......yet. :)

As a sidebar, we all try to show how diverse we are on our catalogs and website. One year four different companies used the same stock black kid photo. Hilarious.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about Handicapper General?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron

Motofun352 and Fonda Dix like this.
  20. Motofun352