1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinios proposes a Tesla Tax

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, May 11, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bad analogy, try again. No one is saying trucks don't cause more damage than cars. Just as no one is saying helmets don't help in crashes.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah!

Wait, what? :crackup:

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This whole thread is just like a normal day at the Illinois State Assembly. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No way. We are far more productive.

stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Great, so we agree. Now the question is "How much more?"

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly, and as with road damage the variables are too great to assign a numeric value...

7. Motofun352

The politicians disagree with you, that's why I pay 10 times more for my truck than I do for my car. The engineers would also disagree and they have. Multiple studies have been done, a simple google finds many examples. The numbers range from study to study, as I would expect, but they are all reasonably close. Remember, this is an attempt at reaching a nominal number, not a specific number.
    You can reasonably expect South Florida to be warmer than PA by 35F. Over a long period that proves to be true. When it's 90F where I live I seriously doubt Miami is 125F. On the other hand when it's -10F here I've often seen Miami at 70F. Over a long period though delta 35F seems to about right. If we were to tax Miami for their nicer weather 35F would be the penalty...stupid and simple example but then it was a spur of the moment attempt. Interstates are different from state highways and new roads are built different from old roads but all of that can be evaluated and considered. On a state by state basis rather than national the assessment becomes even easier as that eliminates most weather and building code variables.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So basically you agree with me that the 9000 figure is bullshit and there cannot be a set number. Cool.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah but that covers everything.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes... its called tolls. :D

12. Motofun352

Statistical analysis...learn it......:crackup:

13. Mongo