1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll never buy a Lexus

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I wasn't planning on buying one of those overpriced Toyotas with no imagination but after they started doubling up on EVERY SINGLE commercial break during football games I'm positive that I'll never buy one.

Hands down the most annoying commercial series of the last 4 months. The dorks in their sweaters and pajamas in those commercials are fucking emasculated zombies. This is football. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU SELLING TO?

The only thing I can figure out is some conniving football-widow advertising executive is taking out her frustration on us. That's evil genius and I commend her for it. I still would kill her upon introduction, though.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm sorry that they interupted your meat slapping session to sweaty men grappling with each other until they are on the ground in a heap trying to grab each others balls.

3. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Im not familiar with this commercial........

We have one playing here, its a hyundai sonata commercial, and they are singing some crappy X mas song. Its so horrible, Its catchy. and X mas is over, and its still on. Like every 5 minutes

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You are a victim of the Pomplamoose.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Good thing I don't watch football, cuz I WILL have an LS some day.

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think that chick is quite cute

7. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Are you forgetting the Honda "Holiday" commercial, even my kid is sick of it.

I just bought my wife a 04 IS300 Sportcross for Christmas....before I realized it's the #1 most expensive car to insure (under a 50K new price). Uhg talk about a December insurance bill to remember. You'd think having a V6 and rear wheel drive would make it safer (at least it does in my mind). I swear insurance is such a scam with legally sanctioned discrimination.

8. bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347 Major League Infidel

Be polite, be professional, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I concur.

10. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Remind the insurance agent that the SportCross is a Wagon. We sent in a picture of our SportCross to Farmers to and they switched the insurance from the IS300 to IS300 WAGON in their database. Saved us about $500 a year on full coverage.

One thing... feel good in the knowledge that you own a vehicle that Toyota made less than 1000 of :). Also it's faster all around than the sedan because of the larger rear tires, different rear diff setup and the All Aluminum hatch.

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you still bought a wagon. I'm just sayin'...

12. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

fuck yeah:stupid:

13. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

i bought a rx 300 new in 99 when i was 18....still have the thing and it runs like a champ and all ive done is replace the battery...115k miles....right now the heated seats are awesome.

14. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Yeah I know... Wagon's rock...

[​IMG]

15. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ahem, clearly stated I bought the wife a wagon.:rolleyes:
    I did a ton of research and shopping and this beat out all other wagon options, (BMW, WRX, Mazda, Audi) for different reasons.
    I drive a 89 Chevy extended cab.:tut:

Mr Gothicbeast my Lextech shop and I could pick your brain for hours on that race toy there....that's awesome. I don't think there's much RWD competition in the US Rally circuit so when mama is done hauling the little one for a couple years I have visions of 98 Supra motors dancing in my head.:clap:

Thanks for the tip, I'll call Liberty Mutual in the morning.:up:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  16. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I've always been a fan of the Sportcross.

17. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy a Lexus just cause they don't appeal to me, but I can think of WAY more annoying commercials than that one.

We also bought a wagon for the wife, got her a 2011 A4 Avant. I like it quite a bit, the interior is incredible and they did a great job with the electronics on that thing, it's all quite intuitive - except when entering addresses into the nav, that's annoying. Big fan of the wagon, at least the sporty, european ones.

18. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

all of you buying station wagons, start passing your man cards to the front of the class. This is just as bad as buying a minivan.

19. light 3

light 3 the bot

hahaaaha

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cut back on the steroids, meathead. :D Tell me driving an Audi RS6 Avant is anything close to hauling the drooling mass of minatures to soccer in your Ford Astroglide?