1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you think trying to enforce the laws on immigration is wrong?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by K51000, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Nothing short of machine gun emplacements every 100 yds would suffice according to the MSM's definition of "effective". Perhaps that's what they want in order to justify their TDS? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I imagine it still works better than no wall.

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

But probably not as well as more people doing the job.

4. In Your Corner

I'll go with the opinions of the people who do
    the job now, they probably have a better handle
    on the problem. The best thing to do would be to
    stop handcuffing the border patrol and let them
    do their job.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What? You want more ICE terrorists?

For shame!

Newsshooter likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

2D3BF0C6-4DD7-4BF7-80AC-C5C6F8E49745.jpeg

Banditracer likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

There was just a large bank fraud case busted in
    NH in which the perpetrator was able to obtain
    the legal papers he needed because Florida had
    given him a driver's license which was accepted
    as legal ID. Turns out giving DLs to illegals is not
    a good idea.

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, they'd like more staff too. :)

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Anybody who gave you shit for that is a doofus. There is absolutely no wall that is 100% impenetrable. Even the heavily guarded, very short 38th parallel has been crossed.

Think of it like you do a club or car alarm. Its a deterrent, not an impenetrable barrier. If it deters 80% of the people who would consider crossing, it allows our border protection people to focus on that remaining 20% who will put in the effort.

This is also a good thing as it points out the weak areas that can then be fortified with additional surveillance and hopefully, additional personnel.

Your front door is likely easily kicked down. I bet you still lock it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People got through/around/over the Berlin Wall... No shit they'll do the same with one between the US and Mexico.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t understand people’s thought process who correlate the wall of not being 100% effective towards preventing entry 100% of the time as their reason to not build one. Never mind it’s just one piece of securing the border.

They are seemingly OK with a completely open border that doesn’t restrict anything but take acceptation to a wall that although isn’t 100% effective all of the time, obviously reduces access and does prevent mass access. Doesn’t make sense to me.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. Never seen anyone anywhere say it'd be 100% effective. Even the crazies aren't that stupid - although I'm sure some OMB will go find something some moron posted that says different :crackup:

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was left for dead by a three time felony deported illegal on the side of I4 after a 70 mile hit and run in 2008. Build that wall. Build it true and tall.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No, see...if you build a wall, the smugglers will just try to find a way to subvert that wall. So we shouldn't build any kind of barrier whatsoever because that will just get in the way of the smugglers, and we can't have that.

TurboBlew, Quicktoy and Ducti89 like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

At least you weren’t four dead kids on a school bus...

And the cycle starts anew

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was more fortunate. But that hits close to home. My wreck was in 08 as well.

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Great, now we get to provide 3 squares and a cot for another 20 years. The 4 kids (and their parents)...well that's just the way the cookie crumbles. I think the Aussies had the right idea. Find some barren island out in the middle of the pacific and drop them off....Parachute in government cheese (Velveeta?) every month because we don't want to be cruel.....

18. In Your Corner

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only if the enforcement is a cattle prod as he’s marched up the gallows steps...