1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you think trying to enforce the laws on immigration is wrong?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by K51000, Jan 10, 2019.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Isn't white on the light spectrum actually all colors? A red taillight lens allows only the red through...ain't that right? I've had two concussions...my memory ain't the best.

K51000 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Light spectrum is all colors. Pigment is different.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Refraction versus reflection I think.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That class was a long time ago :D

5. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

A red thing absorbs all of the color wavelengths except red. The red wavelength is what we see. (This is very simplified. so all of you keyboard physicists hold your pedantry.)

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

To simplify, a red object reflects red light waves.

7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Then where do the other color light waves go???

(Trolling....)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yonder.

:D

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Absorbed.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yep.

That's why colors fade over time.

:D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But if they're absorbed shouldn't that mean there is more color stored in that item?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let me get back to you on that one.

13. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

And what exactly is happening?

Can you name one wall of that proportion that has been working for centuries? You do know that over 1/3rd of those that are here illegally, flew here right? And that a large portion of them also came here and overstayed their visas? We also have other nationalities that are coming here and then staying here illegally. There are over 100K Irish immigrants here "illegally" that over stayed their visas. (Almost 50K in New York alone) Where's the uproar over that?

Have any of you been to the border? I've been to Juarez twice and Reynosa twice for work. I even walked across the border from Juarez to El Paso. The only thing I saw in all of my visits down there was long delayed lines for goods to go back and forth from the U.S. and Mexico. We didn't see giant catapults or rushes of people climbing the fence. Does it happen? Of course, but a large portion of those that are here illegally stayed here from a legal crossing in the first place. We've made it so difficult to go back and forth that we have literally kept people here.

https://news.stanford.edu/2018/11/15/border-wall-came-high-cost-low-benefit-u-s-workers/

I realize posting a link to something like this will garner comments like, another "liberal" research study, it's all bias. Except a lot of things come from university studies and labs. Like the technology that has either enhanced, saved, or improved your lives. But to respond to most of your walls work statements. No, they don't, we have data to support that statement.

You're only addressing a symptom and not tackling any root causes. Complex problems require complex solutions, and a wall is not a solution. It is a security blanket for scared rural white folks that live hundreds of miles away from the border.

Here's a watered down version that could help explain it, albeit with some humor.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And there goes your credibility. FU

cav115 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So there’s a hole in the boat and someone is emptying a water bottle into it at the same time.

Let’s worry about the water bottle. Fucktard.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Fighting against the wall is a security blanket for woke privileged white knights with a severe mental handicap.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

:crackup:

18. Fonda Dix

Good man.

Engagement with smugness is not necessary.

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That wall between Palestine and Israel works pretty fucking good and has for quite awhile.
    Tell you what, talk Nancy, Chuck and all the other elite fucksticks that share your viewpoint to tear down the walls at their residences, and we'll talk. While you're at it, leave your doors all unlocked. Who needs deterrents right?

20. Fonda Dix

If congress, most of whom have been there for decades, had done something and enforce law, a wall would not even be a topic of discussion.

The wall is a natural and equal reaction to those who call for open borders. Extreme ideas are the catalyst for extreme reaction. It is what it is.