1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If this doesn't get you upset, nothing will.

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 25, 2011.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It sure appeared that way from the video. What back road has a 70 mph speed limit?
    And what proof do you have that they weren't speeding? I know hauling ass when I see it.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

What does it look like? :Poke:

3. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

if memory serves,one of the participants posted here as to the actual speeds they were going

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Like Sean said earlier, this thread has been beat to death. But to abridge this so you don't have to read through it all....there is a website called Louisville Sportbikers. Many of the guys over there knew these riders. They are known to be respectful and were just out for a cruise. They claimed that they weren't speeding on these roads. I have personally been on this same road easily 50 times and can pretty much gauge by their pace that they weren't doing 70....more like upper 50's.

Regardless, the truck driver was 100% wrong, and I would say that the majority of the people here would have ignored you're advice on the road guard thread and stopped immediately to confront this truck driver in a violent manner.

I know I would.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

see if that speeding will get you a podium at the next WERA round. :crackup:

6. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Rd400racer your rebuttal is worthless. Some people live their lives making others look guilty and their customer innocent.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: Another guy made a video of just him on his bike on the exact same stretch of road with GPS/mph readout, etc...

He then made a split screen video with the truck video and his solo ride and sync'ed them together, showing the mph's at the exact same curve, turn, straightaway or whatever.

The local Sheriff also stated that the bikers weren't speeding.

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Ive allways been of the thought that never let the facts get in the way of a half assed rant... :)

9. cooker1

cooker1 Well-Known Member

Guy got 2 years for felony endangerment just read an update on another forum !

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

old news: see post 765

11. In Your Corner

So the guy in the truck needed to to take the corners on the opposite side of the road while doing the speed limit?
    Sorry, not buying it.
    You can make a video portraying just about anything you want, doesn't make it so.
    Who would think that the guys who made the video would lie about their speed?
    No doubt they make videos of themselves doing the speed limit to impress their friends. Your protestations strain credulity. No one does the speed limit, least of all bikers running twisties.

12. In Your Corner

The road is not a track.
    Responsible people should know the difference.
    Evidently, you don't.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh shut the hell up already. It's the holidays, take a day off of from the arguing asshole shtick.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

shtick--...usually to imply a shallow repetitiveness in the work of the reviewed.

Thanks Mongo! I did not know that.

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

As previously posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fl-_dAKChc&feature=player_embedded

16. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I have driven a truck on those roads before. Its HARD to go 55mph and stay in the lane. These riders were just out for a fun ride not setting lap records. Truck driver's ass went to jail FTW!

17. In Your Corner

Says the pontificater.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh great, another one who wants to show how much of an interwebs a badass they are. Grow up. Or don't. Just shut up already.

19. In Your Corner

So your speed limits there are determined by the speed at which you can no longer navigate the road while staying within your lane? Interesting.
    The speed limit on the road I live on is 35, and I could easily drive it at twice that speed and still stay on the right side of the road. And that's a rural road, not in town.

20. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

obviously missed the part where the cops didnt charge the guys on the bikes after viewing the video and talking to witnesses but charged the truck driver who is now going to jail....