1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If this doesn't get you upset, nothing will.

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 25, 2011.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This was posted on the Louisville Sportbike page. So far no one knows who the actual bikers were, but the road is a well travelled backroad that I have been on countless times (Hwy 22).

The 2 riders do not appear to be doing anything more than what most of us would do on a weekend backroad cruise (basically they don't appear to be squidly at all).

You need to watch the whole thing. The action happens at about 2:30 into it.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn275/eschan1/?action=view&current=Vid00012.mp4

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Really...the squid started the moment he passed on a double yellow. The guy in the truck is a dick but the bikers aren't innocent either.

3. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

They had more restraint than I would. I would have pulled that fucker out of his truck and beat him till he couldn't breath.

So what happened to him?

4. rd400racer

I'm giving them the benefit of doubt on this one. I've ridden this same piece of road since my 750F was a new bike. Sure, double yellow. How many double yellow's have you ridden on over the years where there is plenty of view up ahead for a more than safe pass. And you are on a machine that can get around the vehicle in front in the blink of an eye. Plus they didn't appear to be going any faster than most sportbike riders go on these roads.

5. rd400racer

Nobody knows yet. Still trying to locate who the guys might have been.

6. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

So, just because others do it all the time, that makes it acceptable to do? :crackup:

I agree, the guy in the truck is a douche, but the guys on the bikes are not an innocent party. If you ride like idiots on the street, be prepared to be treated like idiots by other motorists.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

None.

8. lplonske

lplonske Well-Known Member

i hope that m-effer goes to jail. i have had experiences like that while street riding. Simply removing their driver mirror while passing them is another solution

9. canezach

canezach Well-Known Member

Wow. Thank God for GoPro cameras!

10. Venom51

You should hope they all went to jail since they all broke several laws.

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

how do you suppose removing a mirror is a plausible solution without hurting yourself or your bike? :confused:

12. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Yeah passing on a double yellow is a death penalty offense you're right. :rolleyes: That's good police work Lou.

Give the biker a ticket and the guy in the truck needs to go away for attempted murder or assault.

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Crossing a double yellow is not a reason for attempted vehicular homicide. Pickup truck ass is a classic knuckle draggin' redneck who needs a major beat down.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

being a squid is one thing, deliberately trying to get someone killed is another. i wont pass on a double yellow but if i did and someone did that to me, i would be pulling over, getting back behind them to follow them to their final destination where i would either shoot 'em or beat 'em to death with my helmet. most likely the latter.

15. Venom51

Ohhh let's all jump to the bikers defense. His decision to pass put him in the position to have the idiot knuckle dragger in the truck make a decision that could have ended up with the biker dead.

Everyone was stupid and no one was innocent. Quite frankly...the entire episode is the fault of the biker.

16. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

yeah both are guilty but man the guy in the truck was driving like a complete idiot trying to keep up with the rider, what a nut crossing the double yellow like that several times.

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

There was a whole bunch of stupid in that video from both sides.

18. rd400racer

I don't recall anywhere saying that "others do it all the time".

What I am saying is that there are certain areas on backroads that have double yellows where you could actually pass with a degree of safety due to the power of your machine versus the machine ahead of you and the line of sight available at that instant.

19. Venom51

Ohh...he's an ass...but he's not alone in being an ass in that video. Stupid is stupid even if stupid happens to be on 2 wheels.

20. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Chicks get raped for dressing slutty too huh?