1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want an old stinky Vespa

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm late to the party, but that looks cooler than my Yamaha Zuma 2 smoke and my Aprilia 2 smoke that is all apart right now. My Honda express was pretty cool, but that was one of the bikes they stole when breaking into my building. They had my Aprilia scooter, (needs work), CRF250R, and KX65 dirtbike lined up by the roll up door, for the return visit. Fortunately, one of my employees came into work some overtime that Saturday morning, and we stopped the damage.

I think I must be a scooter whore!!!!!! :crackup::crackup:

Zoomie and motion like this.
  2. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

old fart time; I had 3 1960's Vespa 150 sportiques given to me in the late 70's. What did I do? Thrashed the living shit out of them, the usual teen stuff, getting baked and doing carparkGP with mates and generally trashing them. They were awesome, I went overseas and left them at my parents, when I returned they were gone and I didnt even blink.... fast forward to old fuckers reminiscing and putting stupid values on them, I am glad I had my time on scooters as a kid they way we did.

motion likes this.
  3. HondaSuperHawk

HondaSuperHawk Well-Known Member

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its beautiful! Appreciate the offer to trade but I'm guessing you're not close to Montana so realistically, its going to be tough to get it here.

5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

vespa.jpe

Jeez, you people are asleep at the wheel.

Jedb likes this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sorry, there's only one king of the Mods ...

6cbd786f566658e1c01f80ef4109ee10.jpg

The girl in that movie was so hot ...

[​IMG]

Jedb likes this.
  7. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Could I identify as female and race it in BTR?

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Closer than you might think. Pacific Northwest, Seattle area. Travel and have friends who travel your area often.
    Little cutie in the picture was planning a Yellowstone trip, until the flooding.
    I work with Veloce Racing and the transporter transverses that area a few times a season

9. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Zuma’s and Aprilia’s are far more practical than an early Vespa, but it does have a cool factor

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. YamahaRick

All I wanna do is Zuma, zoom zoom!

upload_2022-6-30_1-4-55.png

Once a Wanker.. and Zoomie like this.
  11. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Entry fees are not a huge incentive.
    I’ve transitioned from; Spend all my money, bust my ass, crash motorcycles, and dream that I’m way faster than I am.
    To; Spend all my money, work on motorcycles, and blame the riders when it doesn’t go well.

12. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Now that is awesome!
    Kinda like the Honda Cubs(?) that Scramp used at Laguna Seca

13. YamahaRick

Pre-wet market I went on a binge and bought a total of seven, with the plan to keep three (nice Pre-Bug, nice Bugeye, and "project"). I've yet to sell any. But I don't have a problem with that!

Zoomie likes this.
  14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Is this the same Veloce Racing that Spiros ran back in the day with Nobi running for him?

Zoomie likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about a Puch? My buddy had one he rode in the woods in the 60s, that sucker had a decent top speed.

16. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Yes it is.
    Nobi is now team manager, rider coach, and still the same great guy.
    MotoAmerica Twins Cup on Aprilia RS660s
    Jody Barry and Kaleb DeKeyrel are the riders, couple of great kids to work with

A. Barrister likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Interesting. If I get to Laguna next week I will try and say Hi. I've never met Spiros in person, but around 10 years ago I bought a pit board setup from him. I think I actually picked up two of them. Even came with a Veloce top piece in white with bright Orange letters on the top section of the board.

Zoomie likes this.
  18. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Definitely stop in and say hi. Spiros is quite gregarious and a great host, Veloce’s hospitality area is friendly and a great place to hang out.
    Please introduce yourself and say hi to me, I’m the older (than Nobi) Asian guy wrenching Kaleb’s bike, and backing up Gabro on Edoardo’s bike.

19. Boman Forklift

Cool. Kaleb knows me. He and my son trained together at YCRS multiple times. Very nice young man and family. So was his younger brother.

Zoomie likes this.
  20. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

That’s awesome! Kaleb is a great young man and I really enjoy working with him.