1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, probably. Right now I don't want to. :D

I like Reds
    They'll make me deads
    I like blues.
    I'd just spend that money on shoes.
    I don't like lights
    They're for people that wear tights.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, did so for 8 or 10 years. Wasn't a huge deal when I wanted to quit.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I look good in tights.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pardon me while I reformat my brain to clear the image.

5. :up:

Thanks for the advice. I'll take all the support I can get. Determined to not smoke anymore. It's going to be tough when my lady gets back tomorrow from her work trip. She smokes. This will be interesting.

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

That would be brutal. My wife never smoked more than a cigarette or two a day but she quit a couple years back. If she was still smoking it would be tough.

I tried a drag off a cigarette saturday while half crocked on Burbon street. Tasted like ass after being off them for only about 3 months(smoked for 20yrs 1/2pk a day or better). Once youre past the initial stages it gets easier. Oddly enough though, I still like the smell of cigarettes...

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I do like the smell of the unlit tobacco, but smoke bothers me now, at least cigarettes and cigars. Pipe smoke is a lot more tolerable.

8. I just need a midget to punch when I'm done eating.

I got some salt water taffy today in the mail from my best friend back in new york. That's helping the dips in insulin. Plus the gym helps my insane mood swings. Haha

Pack a day to nothing isn't fun.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I effin fell to the floor when I read that.:crackup:

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I looked at it like this. I tried a bunch, then I went to the gym, when I say gym I mean Crossfit. It kicked my ass. I've always went to the gym though. Put the smoke out as I walked in and lit another when I walked out. I quit by doing it systematically. Went from two packs a day. To just one, then started doing it by hours.

But once I finally put them down, I knew I would have to start all over once I picked it up ONCE... And that is what has kept me from picking it up. I still have the "I'll quit after this pack" pack. I keep it as a reminder.

The other thing was triggers, eating, working on bikes, getting to work were all triggers. Everyone has them. Besides eating. I chewed the HELL out of gum and drank water. I completely changed my diet as I didn't want to gain weight either. It was easier because I was sticking with the whole lifestytle change. That made it a lot easier.

Try and get her to quit. I can't imagine quiting with a smoking partner though.

The other thing that made it easier was... I bought myself a new ZX10 with the money saved including insurance.

Good luck man you can do it. Come here also for added support.

11. I know tomorrow is going to be rough. Since I was off the last two days. But I'm just going to chew gum, jolly rancher, etc it all day.

I appreciate any and all advice.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

One of the things I did was hang out and drink beer with the smokers, it builds callouses on those cravings. :D

D smokes. I don't hassle her about it unless the stink gets to be too much, then I complain. The kids do give her grief about it.

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Good, I want D to live a gazillion years!

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I cheated when I quit in `05. I quit on a week-long ride to visit my son in Arizona. Quit at breakfast, put my helmet on and rode 900 miles. Hard to smoke when you only stop for gas and a bottle of water.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

<ctrl><alt><delete>

16. how the hell are you guys sleeping at night? i wake up a 100 times a night now.

also work today sucks. this place is makes me want to smoke BAD. i'm off in the clouds right now completely loopy.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The loopiness only lasts a few days. :)

Tried to kill anyone yet? :D

18. i sparta kicked my tool box. i had to pry it open and then bang 2 of the drawers out with a mallet.

19. ok seriously how long does this sleepless non sense last? and is it normal to be hacking up brown stuff everyday? i dont feel sick.

havent touched a smoke since last sunday even with the lady being home and smoking and people at work trying to give me a smokes almost everyday.

i'm fucking determined to quit.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Your body is trying to get all that tar out of your lungs, i.e. the 'brown stuff'.

Good to see you're determined!