1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

One year :D

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:clap:

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm trying. I would guess since the 1st I've smoked a pack.

Tonight since I'm banging on the drums with the boys I'll buy a pack, smoke about 10 and give the rest away.

But it's the first time that I am really sick of smoking. In two weeks I'll be on vacation with the wife for 10 days so I know I can't smoke then. Gets kind of old hiding this shit from her. She thought I quit 20 years ago.

4. I quite drinking 12 weeks ago and haven't had a drop, I'll be damned if I quit smoking too (for now). I still have a smoke right before walking into the gym and do over an hour of pretty intense cardio on my off weight days 3 times a week so that MUST balance out the smoking

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Proper.

:up:

6. Quit December 6, 2012. Sure helped out with the race budget last year and I feel great!

7. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I switched to the e-cig thing about 3 months ago now. Tried a regular cigarette twice since and they tasted like ass. I've started to ween myself down on the nicotene level, hopefully within a year I can ditch it as well.

8. 28 hours in. Been to the gym once already and about to go again. My house is the cleanest it's ever been. The first few days are the roughest.

1/12/2014 my final smoke.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hang in there, the first few days are indeed the roughest.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She knows. There is no way to hide the smell.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This. My wife still smokes, there is no hiding it.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can only blame it on coworkers for so long before they catch on. I speak from experience. :D

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I know, you all are going to call me a pathetic MF'er, but I've got her fooled.

Pretty simple...she doesn't care if I have enjoy a cigar. So I keep a cigar in my shop and after I smoke a cig or two, I take a couple of puffs off the cigar. As you know the smell of cigar smoke completely overpowers the cig smoke.

So when I come up from the shop she says "have you been smoking a damn cigar again!"

Yes honey.

Trust me, if she even had the slightest inkling it would be WWIII. She's a total health nut and I'm an idiot for still smoking, but I'm trying my damndest to quit.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed that one for you.:D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still smoke, still not caring.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, I'm currently a non drinker, cut back on my red meat and cut back on my caffeine intake. I'll be damned if I'm giving up everything all at once. Popeye needs his spinach and mongo needs his pie, Dave K needs his smokes.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You'll both quit them one day. :up:

Once you want to, you're already quit. Until you do want to, though, you can't/haven't quit.

18. I haven't drank in over a year. Smoking is the hardest thing to drop. I'm not giving up caffeine or red meat, that's just crazy talk. I had two pieces of steak yesterday.

The hardest right now is not going outside after I eat and smoking. I just finished breakfast and I want a smoke really really damn bad.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've posted this notion before, but sounds like you need a bit of support right now. :up:

One way I got through those fierce cravings when I first quit was to turn it around & actually savor them. Experience them fully. Remember them. Then, when the next one comes along, and the one after that, and that weird BIG one you'll get right around week 3... you'll be able to look back at aaaaaallll those cravings you already beat, and what a damn waste it would be to erase all that effort over this current craving.

Worked for me.

Good luck.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go outside and punch a midget.