1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

This thread without pics is like a coming of age summer camp circle jerk.

Wingnut likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

3. My outdoor range is free. :D

It’s in the Cherokee Forest. It isn’t big; there are only 4 lanes.

25yrds
    50yrds
    100yrds
    200yrds

But it’s free. It isn’t a commercial place. Nobody owns or works it. Someone just made the range in the forest and it’s open to the public.

But it’s kinda hidden and hard to get to. Not a lot of people know about it. That’s why it’s normally empty.

That’s where I go to run around jumping over picnic tables and hiding behind trees and shit saving the world. :D

jkraft, L8RSK8R and wheelz96 like this.
  4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Its funny how different people can be, I think I get more satisfaction out of building bikes and other toys than I do out of playing with them.

5. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

My brother asking about my pistol:
    IMG_7610.jpg

After me answering and telling him it's not even close between it and a regular AK. . .

IMG_7611.jpg

If you like shooting AKs, you owe it to yourself to get some version of an AK pistol.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Dude...you are spot on. Built my AR-10.....decided I wanted to build an AR-15..so I did....Now I want to build a desert tan finished AR-10 just because...thank GOD Aero Precision's site is picked CLEAN right now...cause it's fucking addicting.

But I happen to know my local gun shoppe is getting an Aero Precision shipment in tomorrow. DAMMIT!!!!

Got the kiddo this weekend, so I'm sure we'll go for an hour of range time one of the days. Probably Saturday since MotoGP starts Sunday. He LOVES shooting AR-15, and I'm pretty sure he wants to shoot the AR-10....the Little Monster. But, he's learned to handle handguns and rifles pretty well...keeps his booger hook off the bang button unless he's got his eyeball in the scope going down range. Damned good kid.

7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

8. tiggen

Buy half inch rod every time you need ammo, and Feds would never know...

Attached Files:

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Railgun has to be heavy as fsck.

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what iwb holster do you use for that?

11. tiggen

I use an old jock strap.

sanee likes this.
  12. motorkas

Picked up a stribog yesterday, today sighted in a Holson green dot at 15 yrds on the lower target and then let about 50 rip at all three heights. . .I love this thing - seriously considering getting another one.

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Shit I like that. I might need one.

14. motorkas

Wait until you shoot it. There's two of them: SP9A1 and SP9A3 - the A1 is direct blow back and the A3 has a roller lock system (they say it reduces recoil on the A3 but honestly, I felt no recoil with the A1 so pick your poison - I'm probably going to get a second one and it will probably be another A1). Only issues I've seen with them concerns the mags but they have new mags out that you can get separately. The fact that you can get two for the price of a Sig sub; and three for the price of a good MP5 clone is bonkers to me (shot plenty of real MP5's and I hate them - then again not really a fan of the AR platform as well so take that into consideration). With your size you may want to look into an adjustable arm brace for it - the folder is a little short - doesnt really bother me but if I had an adjustable brace, I definitely would pull it out some.

To give you an idea about it's size, I was out riding yesterday when I got the call my background check cleared so stopped by and picked it up on the bike (that's it in the case strapped down in the beaver tail.:D

IMG_7682.jpg

I actually just sent this to a friend of mine who is a smaller woman to let her know to seriously consider it for a home defense weapon. . .she was a little a concerned about the size until I showed her some scale (she has an AR). . .

66829771224__4579B84C-087D-437E-AF93-8A24AFBD469C (1).jpg

If you get one, let me know what you think of it!:beer:

15. Is that forward grip partially folded down in that picture? Or is it fixed in that position?

Just looking at the picture, it looks like it can fold more, and ultimately be vertical. If so, how do they get away with that?

Edit: nevermind. When i go back and look at the first/original picture you posted, i see that it is fixed in that position.

16. Picked up a couple of .45’s today. I realized I don’t have many striker fired .45’s, so I went to see what they had.

I got the Glock 41 MOS first. I got it because there is SO much aftermarket shit for Glocks. You can make them badass.

F6751922-91C4-4A28-8198-04CC38E03C37.jpeg

They were doing the paperwork on it and then while waiting for the background check, I saw this .45 from the M&P Performance Center with the Ported Barrel and Compensator built in and I liked it better.

It was gonna be a hassle for him to change the paperwork so I just got both. :D

They are both Optic ready so I grabbed a couple of Trijicon SROs.

D377806E-E4E1-4FDF-984F-10FF38B3C6B1.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    wsmc42 and Triple X like this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The gun store employees must damn near shank each other fighting over who gets to help you when you walk in

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nice choice..like the addition. Here's the one I got...

.45.jpg

19. They all know me by name and do rush over when I walk in. But I just figured it’s because even if I didn’t come with buying anything in mind, they know they can talk me into it.

I didn’t think about that. Do they make commission?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Some guys keep track of their girlfriend's menstrual cycle on a calendar to know when they can get some. I bet every salesman in that store does something similar to keep track of when he is in the US so they don't take time off on the wrong week.
    Man, you are probably putting a few kids through private school or college.

noles19 and Gorilla George like this.