1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. At least I am supporting local businesses. :D

Mostly the only ones I’ve ordered online are Banshees and other AR’s that I couldn’t find locally.

I’ve probably only ordered 5-10 handguns online. I usually get them from local shops.

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd like to be there when you come in and see the shop has used the profits to buy a fleet of Teslas

3. :eek:

Haha no. They are all sure enough dudes. They all drive 4x4’s or a Dually and shit.

4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Dudes can drive Teslas too you know! (said in my squeaky voice wearing skinny jeans while sipping my venti cup half calf mocha latte)

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You rang?
    :D

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

WRX, fucker. :moon::moon:
    :D

7. I put around 200 rounds through each of the new .45s yesterday.

31DF53A3-C8D9-4B03-BD6F-685858E59E54.jpeg

It is really a toss up.

The Glock has a higher standard capacity, but I evened that out with the extended mag on the S&W.

The perceived recoil is almost the same (which is surprising, I expected the S&W to have a little less recoil).

The S&W trigger has a shorter take-up, and quicker reset, BUT I hate that curved trigger. I mean it is REALLY curved, and my finger doesn’t fit in it very well.

I think that was a stupid idea. Sorta like the finger grooves in some of the Glock grips. That’s fine, as long as all of your customers have the exact same size/shape fingers. But you are potentially alienating people by making the grip (or trigger in this case) specialized.

But the S&W is much more accurate, by a good bit.

After changing the backstraps to the Large ones, I like them both, and will add both of them to the range rotation and utilize them as home defense.

I think if I drop a different trigger in the S&W it could be one of my favs.

RonR likes this.
  8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yup, hate the trigger shape on my M&P's. Apex FSS trigger fixes that problem though, basically feels like a polymer 1911 after that. They got rid of the curve on the latest M&P's and it now comes with a flat trigger. Could just swap that in as well if you wanted.

9. One thing I forgot to mention, the S&W has a manual safety. I wasn’t paying attention when I bought it and didn’t realize it till I got home.

It isn’t as pronounced as the safety on the 2011. But I still managed to inadvertently engage it twice over the course of those 200 rounds.

For that reason I will lean towards the Glock for defensive purposes.

10. shakazulu12

Just have to ride it. I started on 1911's, so my thumb always sorta arches high whenever I grab something, then comes down. If there is a safety in the way, it stays on top. If not, it rests on my other thumb like an other gun.

You can remove the Safety on the M&P. Takes about fifteen minutes. If you call up S&W, they will send you a plug to cover the little hole left behind. Doesn't affect the gun otherwise and all the safety controls that are present in the non-safety model are fully operational.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That S&W looks like Alf.

Saiyan66 likes this.
  12. I tried that with the STI; just couldn’t get used to that thumb positioning.

Good call on removing it and plugging it. I’ll do that.

13. shakazulu12

Bunch of youtube videos to show how to remove. They make it pretty easy.

14. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Are you really sure you want to advocate Chris using tools?

15. Like a hammer, a screwdriver, and a can of U4….what could go wrong? :crackup:

16. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

The possibilities are staggering. So, we want video.

17. shakazulu12

Damnit.........what have I done?!?!?! @Gorilla George , just make Livengood do it.

Also, you probably want to run 185 grain .45 to give that comp some gas to work with if you aren't already. +P if you can find some.

18. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Yes 185gr .45 for the win!

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The good news is someone will get a cheap gun when he botches it