1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Vortex razor gen 2 for your lpvo. They're on sale for 999 at several places.

Triple X and Steak Travis like this.
  2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

If any is needing to sell a Beretta CX4, I know someone who's looking. 9mm or 40 I think but doesn't matter.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What kind of build? Pistol, carbine, spr?

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

12.5 SBR

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Daniel Defense PDW in 300 Blackout has me strongly considering adding another caliber to my closet :clap:

6. redtailracing

I like the vortex strike Eagle a lot. I’ve got a bunch of other much nicer optics so the strike Eagle doesn’t stay on any gun for long. I just keep it for throwing on new guns to break them in before deciding what I want on there permanently. But through that, I’ve grown to really like it’s versatility. It’s been on everything from a 9.75” .300blk AR-pistol to a 22” 6.5 CM AR-10. And frankly it worked pretty decently on all of them. And it’s budget friendly. Just my .02.

7. redtailracing

I have the knights .300 blk and like it. Although I’m still waiting on the atf to let my can out of jail so I can see how the thing really performs when suppressed as was intended. Currently in month 12 so hopefully any day now.

Triple X likes this.
  8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thats just crazy on those wait times as mine will prob be the same also. i wish i knew or waited a few months and done the efile.

9. I’ve got 4-5 cans I’ve been waiting on for almost 8 months. I figured surely they will be here any day now.

Hate to see that y’all have been waiting 12 months (and counting).

Hell I’ll be forgot about them by the time they show up.

Triple X likes this.
  10. redtailracing

Yea, but with so much uncertainty on how well the efile thing would go, it felt risky waiting on that at the time. Plus, I had waited quite awhile just to find the can I wanted in stock somewhere. So when I did, I wanted to snatch it up.

I'm part of a group on fb where people post up their wait times. Looks like on there, people whose checks were cashed about a week before mine have been getting their stamps over the past week or so. And from what I've read, the ATF is processing filings on a 2/3 : 1/3 ratio for paper : efile. So hoping within the next week and a half or so. Tried calling the ATF a couple times last week but it seems about impossible to get through so haven't actually been able to find out if mine has at least been assigned to anyone yet.

11. redtailracing

Yea, don't get your hopes up. From what I can tell, the launching of efile has only further delayed paper filings. I'll post up when mine arrives. My stamp check was cashed 3/22/21.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The ATF has said the efiles won’t jump the line but they can an have changed their mind before. I know they’ve done some test runs and I’m also seeing a year on paper files right now. If they start doing any amount of efiles before getting caught up on paper tons of people are going to lose their shit. I have 15 that were submitted in 2021 and now 2 efiles sent in 2022. Curious to see what happens. I went on a road trip this past weekend with a buddy who submitted in June. Lucky for him I’m his ffl so we took it on a test trip.

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The only thing that about gives me a heart attack is the cost of the rounds...like holy eff. But I read up on them a bit and I can definitely see their purpose. Most importantly, it looks cool AF and that's all that really matters.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. redtailracing

Yea, I've seen a wider spread on cost per round for .300blk than any other caliber I shoot. Light weight FMJ was around .80/round when I first got that gun (pre-Covid) off the shelf at my local sporting goods store. Covid shot it up over $1/round. Picked up some the other day for I believe .85/round which shocked me as that's the closest to pre-Covid pricing I've seen so far. But if you wanna get subs, those have been pretty much north of $2 the entire time. Once I get my suppressor, I'll load up on some more subs just for defensive rounds but unfortunately, it is rather cost prohibitive to train with the rounds those guns excel at.

Truth be told, I typically train with my buddy's mk.18 instead as the ammo is far cheaper and everything operates and feels almost identical. So I can swap between the 2 pretty seamlessly. Only major difference is he runs an aimpoint and I have an eotech but that just seems to benefit me as I pick up the eotech easier so when I swap back to my gun, it almost feels like playing with cheat codes all of a sudden in that regard.

15. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

ive also heard that calling them pushes it back another month :)

16. redtailracing

Wouldn't surprise me :crackup: Vindictive fuckers.

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Reloading is your friend in this case. My standard 300 blk round is 125 grain Speer TNT FMJ. Experimenting with sub loads now.

I was surprised to receive an SBR approval in about 14 days efiled! I'm still waiting for a form 4 approval submitted in mid September 2021.

18. redtailracing

I keep saying I'm going to get around to reloading one of these days and then just never do. A big part of that was the inability to find primers during Covid. Seemed silly to invest in a good setup that I was gonna play hell to use because I couldn't find primers. Haven't checked in a bit but maybe that's not the case anymore?

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Filling form-1 is the way to go if you can do it.
    It's easy for SBRs. Not as easy to Form-1 if you want a really good, long lasting suppressor.

I haven't looked at supressor kits these days. Anyone looked lately? Quality?

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I learned at the beginning of it pandemic. I started amassing components. I am in a good place. I like the fact that I can create loads for my specific purposes. I load for errythang I "chute". Liberating feeling!