1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm with Chris on this one....WTF ??

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Not my gun, and as we all know, tastes and preferences vary.
    :cool:

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I hear ya and wasn't blaming the blinged out pistol on ya. However...YUK!!

4. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

This setup makes more sense than the new P365XL Spectre Comp. The Spectre doesn't actually have a comp attached to the barrel, it's just a ported (and presumably weighted) slide. Super cheese, but may reduce muzzle flip by a minuscule amount.Edit: If they do end up offering the slide separately, I may have to get one, as that version allows you to retain the rear sight for co-witnessing an optic, which the original 365 XL slide does not. Then I can gold-spray paint the trigger and barrel to get that ghetto-fabulous Spectre Comp look.

I have the new Wilson Combat grip module on my P365 XL. It's not perfect, but it sorta solves the problem that the Icarus and Mischief grips do not- It actually enlarges the tiny grip enough to be used by those who do not have hands the size of Lilliputians. And the WC is only $65 vs the metal grips that are $350 +. I do dig that aluminum though.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Can't remember if I posted or not but pulled the hawken out of the safe couple weeks ago and it was bit rusty from sitting so long and not being properly cleaned by me. Anyways, I got er up and running and dialed in today. It's shooting great at 50 yards and minute of pig at 100 yards. It's been fun getting it figured out and looking forward to next year. The ole smoke pole is back in business. Now I just need a deer skin suit and a Jeremiah Johnson had

[​IMG]

jasonhise, MachineR1 and Triple X like this.
  6. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Sheriff Bart's handgun.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

If you want a metal grip compact sig, just buy a p230. We have a west German one in the shop right now and it is so much nicer than the modern day sigs. It’s amazing the quality of the W German guns. And don’t get me wrong. I love modern sigs but if you want a nice metal frame single stack 9….

jasonhise likes this.
  8. Jedb

I thought the P230s were .380Auto (9mm short) not true 9mm. No?
    Sig's attempt at the original PPK.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Think he meant the P239. Pretty awesome gun. But thicker and that much bigger. Holds less rounds etc. Also, I don't like the reach on them as my fingers are long and the P365 with the flat trigger helps out with that on the small guns.

11. Quicktoy

I stand corrected. I had to go look. For some reason was remembering it being a 9mm

12. Quicktoy

He was right. And you are also. I don’t like the 239 because of its thickness.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kind of feeling like I should pick up an AK in light of recent events.....

MachineR1 and britx303 like this.
  14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I have a stamped steel p220 that I will never sell. Shoots sooo much better than the newer milled versions, and is literally a ‘to hell and back’ pistol

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The girls and I were just talking about getting one while watching “TV”. An SKS is about as close as we can get, but the few I’m seeing on the racks look far beyond used and 800 bucks and up!!! = Nope. So get an AK in honor of us still in no-no states:D

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m lucky enough to have picked up a couple AKs before 2013. Truth is they hardly ever get shot and one is a milled receiver match. But recently I did pick up a AK pistol. You should grab one before they get banned , that’s why I did. It’s just as fun and takes up less safe space.

17. Jedb

If the Sig230 were a true 9mm I’d probably have several. The nod to Bond and the PPK (with better function) would be cool

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I can pick up hundreds of spent AK casings at the range. I instead pick up all that matters: 5.56/223, 308, and 9mm. :D

19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

the ak game is beyond crazy expensive nowadays and hard to find cooler ish once. Still some good wbp (polish) to be bought. Even harder/pricier to find 7.62, lets not even talk bout 5.45

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Moving to atl in next two months. What scope do I need for my AR for the walkers and whatever else I’ll find. I’ve got a larue mount with 1” and 30mm rings so thinking lvpo or rifle scope