1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

S&B has a history of being the only ammo that feeds through hard to cycle guns. I have seen that the MP5's have a similar issue. Another reason I decided not to buy the MP5 and went with a clone that apparently feeds everything.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

you would think a "gangsta" gun like the uzi would take anything haha, too much for me to remember stuff like that and id like regular go bang firearms to run anything. Picky ass guns :)

3. As a rule, I tend to agree. That is the only gun I have that is very particular when it comes to ammo. And it is easy to remember, because it is my only Uzi. :D

RonR likes this.
  4. Wish I woulda known that before I spent hours running tons of different ammo through there, and getting super pissed off over and over when most of them shits didnt work. :crackup:

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have a few 1911s
    Most will run any thing I feed them but one is picky. I still have it but I’d never use it as a defense gun. I have an older UZI and it’s only really been used once but it did not work very well at all. Back then I only shot about twice a year so I never got around to figuring it out. That might be a great winter goal. Pull out any guns that have issues and sort them out. I hate the idea of “ story “ anything. You know a gun, car or any tool that there’s a paragraph of info needed to operate due to some finicky bullshit associated with said loaner.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You sure about that?

Gorilla George, Jedb and dobr24 like this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Only one he remembers buying.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

For my POF MP5, and my HK-94, I have never had trouble with any ammo I've given it.
    S&B
    Blazer
    Winchester White Box
    Winchester Ranger
    PMC Bronze
    Bulk 9mm from Freedom Munitions
    Bulk 9mm from Surplus Arms & Ammo

I have seen some issues from others on my local forum with regards to the korean magazines, but that's not ammo related, that's mag-lips and feed ramp related.

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Ammo feed issues tend to be caused by the feed ramp in my experience. A gunsmith polishing and tweaking the angle can fix it in many cases.

DucatiBomber and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Jedb

Agreed.

I had an odd one with my FAL. Olympic Arms receiver, Belgian parts. Metric magazines.
    The magazine fronts continually slipped just enough to cause the second and N+1 rounds to stovepipe against the bottom of the feed ramp.
    I changed the magazines from Metric (small lip on front) to Inch (larger, squared up lip) and *boom* all better.

Come to find out after the fact that Oly-Arms receivers were loose in their specs for their FALs.

11. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Picked these up Christmas Eve. MP-40 and 10.5" barrel PSA AR "pistol". No practical reason for either, but damn sure fun to shoot. May start the ATF SBR process to get stamp for the MP to install a folding stock.

20211226_154428.jpg

Gorilla George, wera313, RonR and 2 others like this.
  12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The original MP40 was a bitch to hold on target at full auto with the muzzle rise. I have fired one extensively and cant figure how the Germans hit anything with them, I guess if you throw enough lead you're bound to hit something.

13. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Yeah, this semi-auto is not a bulls-eye gun at all. A man-sized target out at 25 yards gets hit consistently though and it's a blast to shoot. Gonna put a sling on it to maybe help stabilize it until I decide if I want to go to the trouble of getting it registered as SBR. Tried to shoot it one-handed like a pistol, but it's just too heavy for me to get more than one round off. Guess I need to eat my spinach and bulk up if I want to shoot it like that :)

Gorilla George and dobr24 like this.
  14. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Agreed. The Gen 1 Kriss Vector had issues. The ejection port isn't large enough for a whole cartridge to be ejected (only fired brass will fit through). So clearing a malfunction is a pain in the ass as well.

Personally I would have put that $$$ toward a decent AR, but he wanted something that shares mags and ammo with his Glock.

15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I got the same AR pistol for the exact same reason! A binary trigger makes it even better.

Mick6R likes this.
  16. Jedb

Which binary trigger do you have?

17. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Franklin Armory AR-C1. Clever PSA marketing had it right above the AR pistol in the email ad.

Jedb likes this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Can you 'de cock' those things if you don't want a second shot? They act like a set trigger in reverse, right?

19. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

You can select "regular" or binary.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How hard are those to install?