1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

At the end of the day, it's still an M1A.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I bought the M&P 15-22 pistol.
    Put a Sig Romeo red dot on it.
    I can't stop smiling when I shoot it.
    Everyone that tries it loves it.

DmanSlam likes this.
  3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

You are not confused that is exactly what it is. I know Broome’s hate of wood on guns like a traditional M1A figured I’d give him an option lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. DucatiBomber likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

NO.

6. But I won't.

I have already made the decision that I went way overboard this year, so I am not buying anymore guns the rest of the year.

RonR likes this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The supreme sacrifice.
    Fortunately next year is less than two weeks away and you can get back to the unbiased gun reports you were born to do.

8. :crackup:

Yeah, it will be a long 2 weeks. But I gotta start somewhere. Baby steps. :D

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2021-12-21_10-1-18.jpeg

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Why do u hate 'Merica?

Support those local gun shops, son!

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I notice you didn't say shit about ammo or accessories...

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  12. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Don't go down the "modded M1A" rabbit hole. Just a huge waste of money. I know from personal experience. I built up two of the baddest ass M1A's you could throw money at, one long range and one CQB. Both are (were) outperformed in every way by a properly built .308 AR platform weapon. I probably lost 10k on that failed experiment. I am older and wiser now. M1A's are awesome in their own right if left in the wood stock with iron sights. Anything more is lipstick on a pig. Just my $.02

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  13. One step at a time :D

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

15. speedluvn

:whoosh:

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Negatory,

Spend a few extra coin on a Henry pump, while the Ruger with the 25 & 50 round mags may hit all your wannabe fantasies & desires, the pump will still be more reliable 100 rounds in sans a cleaning.

17. speedluvn

upload_2021-12-22_13-42-47.jpeg

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Sorry, work got in the way.

It went well. Everyone was helpful and really explained and gave tips. I had alot of fun and planned on doing another one this Tuesday. I didnt know they changed the rules and allowed 22 when ammo prices went stupid.

I made some silly mistakes which made me realize, that it was great traning and alot better then just standing and shooting at a target. The added element of thinking about what target to hit first, in the correct direction, how many times each target gets hit and where, was enough to sometimes put enough pressure on you to make a silly mistake of feet placement,or didn't reload before you moved to the next stage. I may try and play with taking a different gun instead of my xdm .40. Guys were surprised I was shooting it. I onlyed missed a target completely twice all so I was happy. I shot well and didn't get dq'ed,but boy was I slow. :crackup:

cBJr, RonR, Jedb and 1 other person like this.
  19. speedluvn

Now, seeing that organization, try shooting some of the faster run & gun type events. Safety first. Speed will come. Its speed vs accuracy. Once you "settle down" during these events you will begin to realize your weaknesses and begin working on them. This is my second season competing. Its another humbling sport! Why would you choose not to shoot your 40?

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s great you got out there. I shoot 9 and occasionally 45. 22 can be problematic at some shoots due to the knockdown targets. Makes scoring a pita. If you have a EDC that’s what I’d shoot for IDPA and use the hot rods for USPSA etc.