1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I've got a 110BA in 300WM. It's a pretty phenomenal weapon. First time out with her after getting sighted in was hitting 1/2" groups at 300 yards with only around 20 rounds through it. Myself and my two buddies that were with me were seriously impressed with it.

Also, didn't like the H&K USP. The grip was to big for my hands and I just didn't feel comfortable holding it. The P30L on the other hand is sitting here getting ready to get her first field stripping and clean.

-steve

2. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Well-Known Member

Shield 9mm. Shoots where you point it out of the box. Few guns I've seen are more concealable.

3. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Im honestly not savy with scopes at all, I can tell you that it was a red dot.

We asked if he had it bore sighted but the shop couldn't do it because of the brake. Figure theyd atleast chamber/laser sight it and get it in the ballpark.

And yea toe $60/20.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Not a red dot, it's an illuminated reticle on what I think is a Nikon Prostaff. A 300 dollar scope on a 3000 dollar rifle that's made to shoot a mile. What a waste........

Couldn't bore site it because of the brake? He needs to find a different shop. Hell, you could get it close just by setting a target up at 25 yards, pulling the bolt and lining it up by eye by looking through the bore. With the 10/22's I built my nephews I had them zero'd in two, first shot on paper, measure with the reticle from the point of impact to the point of aim and adjust the turrets. Next shot in the bullseye.......

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Both gun stores in Athens have plenty of ammo. Its powder im having trouble finding.

Savage FTW

[​IMG]

6. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I guess I shouldn't tell you I sold one of those recently too?

7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

off topic question- kimber ultra carry 2 in stainless, used, what would a good purchase price for this be?

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'll add an off topic -- anybody use reducer tubes on O/U shotguns? Son turns 10 in March. Took him sporting clay shooting yesterday with his .410. He loved it. Thinking an O/U 20 gauge with reducers to 28 for his b-day.

9. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I would think anything under $600 would be a good deal. Of course that varies on round count and condition. However, I'll admit I haven't bought used in sometime and am not current with used Kimber prices.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Under $600 would probably be a STEAL! Probably closer to $1k.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

At first I thought you meant a plug like we had to use for dove season to reduce mag capacity. Got a link for these contraptions you're talking about? I've never seen this.

12. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have to spend $1K for used. I know someone who just got a brand new Kimber Compact Stainless II for $750, though that is a steal. They can be had for around $900 new from a couple dealers on gunbroker.

I saw a couple that were claimed to be barely used for around $800.

13. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I see my info is a little dated. A grand for used seems very high.

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Thanks Beeb. i offered 450 (in my best Dave K form) and it was accepted.

15. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Briley Tube Sets

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Holy misfire, Batman! You could buy a decent shotgun for the price of those adaptors.

17. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

If you think that, then they are not meant for you. You can buy a "decent" shotgun for the same price, but the tube sets are usually intended for higher end o/u's so trap/skeet shooters can use the exact same gun in all 4 gauges. The only way to do that otherwise is to buy the exact same gun in all 4 gauges. Which is cheaper now?

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Now it makes sense. Our clay shooting is pretty casual.

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

tried a cesaer guarini yesterday at foxhall. nice but not 6k nice. thinking reducers for my browning but not sure if i want to reduce a citori from 20 to 28 for mini me.

20. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Uhm, do they have a second one for sale? :D